$100 rebate on nitro steel

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Remington shells for decades. They will kill to 50 yards.
    You may need to go to the pattern board.

Ringbill

2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

So what’s so different about this 1450 FPS load compared to other 1450 FPS loads.

3. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

That makes no sense. 2.75 in steel 6s kill solidly at 20 yds. :scratch:scratch

Ringbill likes this.
  4. buck_master_2001

Yeah. He’s FOI. Killed a few geese this year with 2 3/4” 6’s and 4’s in the 30 yard range. No issues. It’s the Indian not the arrow.

Ringbill likes this.
  5. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

Idk if he is full of it. I had sportsman Steel back in the early 2000s that you could watch the pellets leaving the barrel they were moving so slow. Remington replaced all the boxes but it was crazy. No idea how I never ended with a squib load.

6. buck_master_2001

I just threw out my last bit of hevi metal because of these issues. Had a ton of duds and others that didn’t like the moisture. Those duds have happened with every ammo I’ve ever shot.

7. NBHunter

NBHunter Elite Refuge Member

So it's not November 19th yet. If I order them with Roger's am I going to get the rebate? Will I have to send in a copy of my receipt and if it says it's on the 14th, will Remington say I'm out of luck?

8. buck_master_2001

You are making this way too complicated. Rogers put a video out Monday about this and it started then. You are good. Buy them if you want.

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

To make it simple:
    You aren't ordering. You are 'Pre-Ordering'. Your 'Pre-Order' will be changed into an 'Order' by the computer on the 19th, which is when your credit card will be charged.

10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like you got a case out of the "recall lot" they made. You were allowed to return them for a swap. This woulda been 2-3 years ago, when they put the recall out. I had a case as well, but they only did it when it was cold(er) out. Ended up using them shooting woodies around here earlier in the year then next year, and had no problems. It wasn't below 50 though. When I used some the year before in the 20s temps, I had a few poop out.