12ga recommendations for teenage daughter.

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by bbfky, Oct 11, 2018.

1. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Another vote for having her shoot 23/4 inch shells. The Kent 23/4, 11/6 oz of #3's is a killer.

2. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

3. Teal Tags

Teal Tags Senior Refuge Member

Browning Silver Micro Midas Satin hunter /thread

4. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

Alright little update, took my daughter out this weekend to the farm and had her shoot my early 80s Browning B80 no problem with kick or weight just a little too long, it has a 28 in barrel. Guns weighs 7.9,
    I was thinking about having the stock cut down a little and trying to find a 26 inch barrel but haven't found one so my next option would be to just buy one a Semi that the 3 of us, my son who is 6 5" and my daughter and I can share. Anyone know any good semis that have adjustable stocks, I own several Brownings currently. Started looking at some Berettas unfortunately no one around me carries any in stock. Open to suggestions, If I could find a 26 inch barrel for the b80 would prob go that route and buy a 3.5 semi for my son and I to use and let my daughter shoot the B80 for a few years, she will be shooting on the 4H team this spring just an fyi

5. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

A300 got one for the money

6. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Corsons barrels has 26 in 303 beretta barrells they will interchange with b80 325 dollars

7. Andrew Caldieraro

Andrew Caldieraro Refuge Member

I also recommend going to a store where she can feel several of them. I'm glad I did. For me, the SX4 was the nicest shouldering gun. Not everyone agrees, so a lot of it will be personal preference. I ended up getting a SX3 bc it also felt good (not quite as good as the SX4, though) due to its proven success rate. The Benelli M2's felt good, too. But, the inertia driven system might kick more. The A300-400's were not comfortable for me. The versamax is heavy, so I'd avoid that, even though recoil will be less. The V3 gets good reviews, and it felt OK to me. Not many stores had the browning silvers in stock. They are largely the same gun as the SX3/SX4. The maxus just didn't feel overly comfortable, mainly due to its uniquely designed forearm. Good luck.

8. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

Anyone shoot a Remington V3 ? Went to a local gun store and this gun was recommended, has good recoil system, wasn't too heavy for my daughter and fit her really well. It shoots 2 3/4 and 3"s and is less than $800
    I have never seen a gun with it's new gas system, seems pretty simple and the owner said he had put 5k shells through his without any issues, the only issue I found only was blow back from the gas system from a few of them it sounds like the majority of them are fine. Just looking for some feedback

thanks, Brian

9. Dave in AZ

Dave in AZ Senior Refuge Member

Remington did some mod on the plastic ones. Or wood ones... whichever had an issue. Go to Randywakeman.com and read his reviews on that gun. It is a good one, if it fits her then it has a great price and a zillion good reviews. Buy it, it's all she will ever need.