1650 Duck boat project

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Jbryan, Oct 1, 2017.

1. XJessen89

XJessen89 New Member

39CC906D-A0E2-4FE9-9CFA-7E6396BB2D22.jpeg Hey I was looking at your “final destination blade” lol, looks to me like a rough cut blade made for construction grade lumber (same blade I have on my saw for wood working). The metal blades have about three times as many teeth and they are much smaller so they don’t jam or stick in the material.

Jbryan likes this.
  2. ksgoosekillr

ksgoosekillr Senior Refuge Member

Mine actually only has 80 teeth and is rated for non ferrous metals....
    Capture.PNG

Jbryan likes this.
  3. XJessen89

XJessen89 New Member

Hmm, only thing I can think of is that you’re cutting a tube rather than a solid piece of aluminum - teeth are contacting two different surfaces at once. Boat looks awesome though, I just got my first one earlier this year. I’m doing a scissor blind but I added another “loop” around the inside of the back frame that mounts half way up the frame with the top of the frames lining up, and folds over to make a roof.

Jbryan likes this.
  4. Jbryan

Jbryan Refuge Member

Yeah. I know when you have it fully sheeted it makes it more difficult to put out decoys and pack up. I have seen a few with doors to the outside in the back that make it easier to pick up decoys. I think phowler boats build them like that.

If you don't sheet the whole thing, are you planning on covering the rest in cordura?

5. Jbryan

Jbryan Refuge Member

It actually is this blade. All of the Diablo blades are the 96 tooth nonferrous metal blades. The Dewalt I had was an 80 something odd tooth blade. It really did feel like final destination that day haha!!

6. Jbryan

Jbryan Refuge Member

I didn't know they had Masterforce blades for this! I'd rather go to Menards to get stuff for my projects. I didn't see any when I was there. I'll have to look a little closer next time I need a saw blade.

7. Jbryan

Jbryan Refuge Member

I was thinking it is probably because it is square tubing, too. At least making the issues worse.

Thank you so much! I'm glad it is coming along. I had to postpone paint for hunting this weekend. I finally got the Hydroturf from PWC muscle so I'll get it painted and put that in this week.

That's awesome! I'm planning on doing a scissor blind as well. Do you have any drawing or plans of what you are thinking about doing for the roof?