Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

20 ft Lund Blind

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by kingman, Jul 9, 2019.

1. kingman

kingman New Member

I own a 20 foot Lund and would like to blind it up for shore hunting in a large bay. It has a side console. Any advice on commercial blinds?

2. techfowl

techfowl Elite Refuge Member

IMG_1743.JPG IMG_1746.JPG You'd probably be better off with a custom pole type blind for your Lund

3. Zane

Zane Senior Refuge Member

I have a 07 Lund Alaskan 2000 with side counsel. I have a Beavertail boat blind for it, it is a little snug around the windshield when down but works fine.

JP likes this.
  4. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I have a Beavertail on my 18' jon and like it.

JP likes this.
  5. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

Another vote for the Beavertail as well.

6. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Senior Refuge Member

Pop up Blinds from Melrose, Iowa. This is not a one size fits all blind. You send in a bunch of measurements and they build it to fit exactly. You can sit in the pouring rain and remain bone dry. Put in a heater, you are hunting in comfort. Spring loaded top with viewing ports. It is awesome, best money I ever spent.

blind.jpg 20171118_081920.jpg

Last picture, my grandson on a late season hunt. Temps in the 20's. He doesn't have his jacket on because it is so warm in the blind.

BAYDOG likes this.
  7. Larry D

Larry D Elite Refuge Member

What kind of $ are we talking and do they put stubble straps on them?

8. Steelshot Scott

They are not the cheapest blind, but they are custom made for your boat, so it is an exact fit. You take a lot of measurements, they give you a chart to fill out. It fits like a glove.

I had mine built for a 20 foot Roughneck,150 hp Evinrude, custom light set up on front deck(had to take measurements for that too).

Shadowgrass camo, blind bra(to protect blind from wind and exposure during the winter) and remote release handle, I was in about $1800. What you get is worth it. I am on my 5th year with it, still looks and works great. When you go to set up your blind, it takes seconds. I do mean seconds, not minutes(takes a little longer to stow for travel, with the bra and all). It is 100% waterproof. Pouring rain, you are bone-dry. Temps in the teens? No problem with a heater. Even in high winds, you stay warm and dry.

I know it sounds like a lot of money, but this thing is a long term investment. I have 5 years with it now, it is as good as new. This coming season will be number 6. So far that is about $350 a year so far, the amount drops each year. I used to spend several hundred dollars a year replacing material,fast grass, etc. Over the last 5 years, I would likely have about $1500 in repairs and materials and had to work on the blind constantly.Now I pull it out of the garage, slap it on the boat(takes about 5 minutes to setup) and go the whole season without giving it another thought. No problems, no repairs, no breakages.

I can's speak highly enough of it. In the long run, it pays for itself in durability.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  9. Steelshot Scott

10. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Global Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    40183484_10216668248039895_7361696055559192576_n.jpg 44941008_10217140931016674_4538363582290591744_o.jpg Another vote for Pop-Up Blinds!! Yes expensive, but well worth it. All he said above , plus you don't have to put it up all the way, I pull it half way up on open water hunts. And when fully closed, a flip of a lever and it folds back faster then you can stand up!! Completely back!