2014 F-150 SCREW 5.0 L 4x4 - Problems YOU have had

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by huntinjunkie, Aug 5, 2016.

1. huntinjunkie

huntinjunkie Senior Refuge Member

ouch. Didn't like the Ecoboost when I drove it. Was into the turbo on the interstate hills and I took a pass.

2. huntinjunkie

Think I jinxed myself. Truck wouldn't come out of 4x4 low the other day...finally got it transitioned through low to high to 2X...stopped by the dealer...Transfer case is SHOT. They put it in 4x4 high and it got stuck...would not come out....transfer case full of metal shavings etc. WARRANTY!!!!

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

May I ask how you tried to transition it? If it was full of metal shavings, I'd say it didn't fully disengage, and you were driving it in 4HI, but the light went out. I have seen them have issues not wanting to come out of 4LO. One guy fought with it for about 5 minutes, then went to roughing the hell out of the truck in anger. I got in, got it out of the bind it was in (on a hill), put it in N, flipped the switch, and it went to 4HI. Took off driving, flipped it to 2HI, and it went seamlessly. Parked, and swapped seats with him.

4. huntinjunkie

4L...Nuetral....4H (didn't go in)....back to 4L...move...Nuetral...4H (didn't go in)......This went on 4x then it finally went into 4H and I shifted into 2H while on the move in 4H

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

That sequence has always worked for me... That sucks. Have you researched any Ford forums to see if it is a known issue?

6. huntinjunkie

I have not. Was replaced under warranty so no worries.

7. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

Any issues yet? Really thinking about trading my 15 Ram Ecodiesel with 53k on it for a 2014 F-150 with a 5.0 and 42k on it.

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

None for me. I have the 14, which had more miles than that when I got it. Just paid renewal on the plates, so a year now. Did the brakes, had a bad caliper, but that was discovered AFTER the brakes were done, so, not sure I can say what the cause was.

9. vizsla2

vizsla2 Refuge Member

2013 5.0 super crew which I think is basically the same as the 14.
    Little over 50K and no issues, knock on wood.