2017 hunts

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by marsh man dan, Sep 1, 2017.

1. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

You let your wife grill your game for you?

Ducker 4 Ever and GK1 like this.
  2. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

It was a gift. Kind of like your man bag.

"It's European." Right!!:sp

Ducker 4 Ever, pud123 and pointblind like this.
  3. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

Nice!
    Not sure what the inside joke is?( does it really matter:no) but a man bag? Ouch.....

Is it a cute one?

4. killin'dux

killin'dux Refuge Member

Day 1: Not many teal around here so we hunted a field for geese. There wasn't a very good hide and the birds didn't want to land close to the fence we sat by but we managed to get 4 and a few doves. 20170901_103455_HDR-1.jpg Day 2: We said screw the unpredictable geese and focused on the doves. Some pigeons also got too close. Snapchat-1309473203.jpg
    Day 3: Finally got on a field with some standing corn to hide in...and geese cooperated...
    20170904_074418_HDR.jpg
    Good luck our there and be safe!!

5. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

Opening morning on the field was a bust. Had been tolling for about a week but they never came.....so we decided to go for a walk. 4 miles in later, the loafing pond produced 3 honkers and thank goodness we brought the pack mules. 2 miles out, those kids were beat. 20170901_173616.jpg The following day saw a few birds work the decoys, my SBE2 jam (thinking it wasn't shouldered tight) and 2 geese on the field. Should have been more but my brother missed the only flock that decoyed while he ran back to the house because he didn't pack any TP. He won't be making that mistake again. 3rd day we slept in and decided to hit up the loaf pond and actually setup. Did a lot of missing there but somehow managed to take 9 geese. More importantly though,y little gal Emma was finally able to retrieve her first goose. She still has issues with them on land as she can't get a great hold on them but I couldn't have been more proud of her. part0.jpg 20170903_124140_000.jpg
    Went out this morning and was able to knock down a few more to put us at an early season total of 16. Pretty good so far, haven't targeted teal at all.

6. volkman

volkman New Member

IMG_5120.JPG IMG_5115 2.JPG IMG_5117.JPG IMG_5111.JPG Had a good weekend on geese on my wetland, but saw and shot very few teal, all the teal we saw were gwt.Normally we average 6-12 per day during the last two teal seasons. This morning, i hunted solo and the first flock of geese were feet down in the decoys on the first pass. I was able to kill my 5 out of the flock , it was obvious they were very new birds. When i picked them up they were all MVP's. This is the earliest i have ever killed MVP birds. Also had redheads in the dekes this morning.
    We also had 4 banded birds saturday, birds were banded about 15miles south of were they were shot.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  7. duckslayer

duckslayer Senior Refuge Member

8. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

I carry my manzier in my murse along with other essentials.

20160919_081840.jpg

9. gunut

gunut Senior Refuge Member

I thought so.....

10. Ratboy

Ratboy Senior Refuge Member

Tried Friday and Saturday morning without any success. Birds were there during the week and they never showed. One of the kids I took out the first 2 days said the geese were there Sunday morning... *** Oh well was hoping to get the kids some shooting...