2017 hunts

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by marsh man dan, Sep 1, 2017.

1. take'm

take'm Elite Refuge Member

Limits only mean more birds to clean..

:yes

2. FAIRCHASE

FAIRCHASE Senior Refuge Member

4 geese this morning. Triple to start when 5 came in only 2 left. Then a single. Then started feeling good about my shooting and a single comes in shot and hit it three time but it kept flying to 300 yards out then fell. My lab and myself spent 2 hours looking in marsh but couldn't find it.

SB2MAG likes this.
  3. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Senior Refuge Member

No geese but a bunch of bwt moved in the last few days. Saw over 20 large flocks using a large marshy area. Maybe we will get a 2 week season next year and really **** everyone off

4. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

Nothing in the fields early this morning, so I drove the boat to goosenazi island 6. Had three geese buzz outside the decoys. About a 70 yard crossing shot, don't know why but I didn't shoot. Ten minutes before pick up time I spotted four geese about two miles to the NE. They landed. Three shots three geese. Should have had all four. Only got one when their heads lined up for a shot.

Nice day for a swim.
    IMG_0189.JPG

Normally a 30 minute boat ride, only 22 with the calm seas on the way in.

IMG_0199.JPG

5. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

IMG_2724.JPG

take'm, Ducker 4 Ever, GK1 and 4 others like this.
  6. SB2MAG

So this morning, I found the reed in my goose call to be cracked. I fixed and tuned my call just in time for a dozen geese to set their wings. When I went to make one note on the call, it fell apart.

Didn't matter the geese decoyed perfect. Got one with the right barrel, took my time with back trigger and missed. Probably took too much time with the strong wind and a 99 year old shotgun.

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

7. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

Saturday. .bonus our youth shot a couple woodies.
    20170916_091307.jpg

8. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

IMG_2727.JPG
    Here is the tailgate pile for our day grouse hunting. @2Browndogs, Shiloh, and myself walked too damn far for zero shots fired. I will be a bit sore due to my being old and fat and out of shape in the morning. Guess I'll just hunt geese and call it a win. Was a fun day and now I have a very tire bird dog sleeping on the floor.

fishmunkee, take'm and pointblind like this.
  9. FAIRCHASE

FAIRCHASE Senior Refuge Member

Hunted this morning. 10 min. after shooting time 4 geese land in my decoys. I had been laying in my blind for about an hour before that. I had fallen asleep. Saw them as they were two feet above the water in my decoy. Missed with three shot. Luckily a single came in 10 min. later and this time I was awake and killed him. About 30 min. later 3 worked the spread but lands 200 yards out. 20 min later they flew straight at me two feet over the water but saw something and flared just out of range to the left but I but I was able to get a hard shot off at them and shot one which fell in the thickest willow marsh you have ever seen. I didn't get a very good line on it as it fell behind me. I sent my lab on a line to where I thought it fell. I tried to bust my way thru following her but didn't get very far. When I get back to the blind there my lab sat with goose in her month. I'm so proud of her. Seem to be more geese around in my area this last week. Geese trying to land in decoys as I was trying to pickup decoys. Short but fun day.

Ratboy, take'm, marsh man dan and 2 others like this.
  10. SB2MAG

Shooting wasn't too good today. Five shots two geese, but I was practically shooting slugs. The pellets were stuck in the wad. I could easily watch the wads fly past the geese.

My cohorts didn't fare so well either. A box of shells for one goose apiece.

Tucker ran down the banded bird. Would have been a great video.

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

take'm likes this.