2017 Migration Reports

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. HJP12

HJP12 Refuge Member

Saw a few today, not as many as I️ expected. Must still be sitting tight and resting. Hoping to pick up some tomorrow with the front hitting up north and more N winds.

2. wakenda

wakenda Refuge Member

Grand pass is reporting 75,000 with a 4.16 bird per hunter average.

3. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

We had two swans fly over our blind this morning....wish I had a camera as they were only 30' above us. Still seeing large bunches of snow geese headed south...hope to see ducks moving this weekend.

4. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Me and buddy shot 8 Sat/10 Sun. Hunted in afternoon in crappy misty foggy stuff. Surprisingly had a decent shoot. Guy that was with me had a malfunctioning gun so we took turns. Probably would have limited with 2 functioning weapons :) It was still a fun afternoon shoot. Birds really piled in after shooting hours. They are here but appear to be going a little more nocturnal now that the weather is warming. Will take wind/weather to move them during shooting hours over next 10 days it appears. I have to think there are piles and piles of mallards still North where there is no snow on the ground (SD?). At any rate when the first big snows come up North should give us the final push we need around the first of December. Been good so far. Hoping for wind, sun and weather up North now!

Good luck

5. Truman

Truman Refuge Member

The birds arrived last Tuesday-Wednesday and had good shoots through the weekend. It seems like it is time to switch from offense to defense to keep some feed around for the later push of birds!

6. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Totally agree. We turned pump off this week. Don' need the nocturnal feeding birds to eat us out with 50 days remaining in season. Of they want to play that game we will "fix them" :)

7. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

we did too^^ Got her %60 full Wait till dec 1 turn back on! Plan to take it to them the next 3 days Should see some new birds Saturday/Friday afternoon with the big N wind coming

8. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

it was a little better today few more birds down

9. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

Duck countCapture.PNG

Lots of ducks in North Central Missouri...it would be nice to get rid of the east wind!

10. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

With the past two days of warm weather, things are pretty stale. We need some cold weather north of the river.