2017 Migration Reports

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. wakenda

wakenda Refuge Member

I don't know where you hunt i assume it's somewhere south of the river. I see thousands going south everyday for the last week. I keep expecting to hear you are covered up with mallards. Nothing coming west off the pass. I did manage to get a 4 duck limit today but it was hard fought. Only ducks i got were migratory following the river down.

2. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

I'm going down tomorrow to start the ice eater. I have high hopes for Friday.

3. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

Moon's not helping things either.

i_willie12 likes this.
  4. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

talk on the street says there here I hope that's true

5. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

They have been heading out west and south but not till 5pm!!! This full moon needs to go away!!!!! NOthing happening before noon

6. Sunklands

Not seeing any new birds........yet but, those that are here are decoying better, with this cold air and NW wind. Less is more this morning, with no spinner and only 3 dozen decoys, sit tight together in groups of a dozen.

7. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

I was wrong

8. mister gadwall

mister gadwall Senior Refuge Member

Watched "ten thousand " mallard strings fly over me at migratory heights in the boot heel and continue right on a few miles in to Arkansas on Tuesday. Very very few workable mallard and was in a normally great mallard pit. Monday and Weds far fewer mallards seen but some worked. SE Mo covered in snows etc in usual places through yesterday.

9. Truman

Truman Refuge Member

the grand leap frog

10. Sunklands

This is the
    I ain't saying that's what happened but, there's definitely a shortage of birds flying, 12 hours into this cold front and wind shift. It's hard for me to imagine them leap frogging northern and southern Missouri. I could believe it, if I were seeing them flying but, there's not even any snows flying from the north. I can see Mingo/DC in the distance from my pit and OS is close as well and there's nothing moving in between. We got the cold, we got the wind but we didn't get a storm on the back edge of a low pressure front before the cold high. That kind of storm, whether it's rain or snow, makes the birds kind of panic around here. Hey, no storm......., no duck, I guess.