Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2018-2019 Plantation Bottoms'.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 2, 2018.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Thank you Steven and the same to you from all of us.....

2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

I have decided to BURN those oars so they NEVER bring these aches to me or anyone else stupid enough to try to use them. I will also NEVER have a boat that has oar locks. If that happens, I will REMOVE them at once. I have pains from my toes to my ear-lobes because of those dang things. They are only about 20 yrs old, so they are not even an antique. I would nail them on the wall of ole ThorneSide Cabin but I would most likely pull a muscle in my back trying to get them up!

Me & Maggs.......

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Don't know if I'd go that far, Rex. There is always the case of an outboard failure in water too deep to wade. Had to swim a boat to the shore ONCE in 35* water. Thank God it wasn't too far a swim, as my strength was sapped by the time I got there. Besides, you might get a young lad there at the Bottoms that needs some character building.

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Rat...
    Let me think about that... NOPE!!! They are gone!! That young lad can chop wood with a dull axe.

Me & Maggs....................

5. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Come to think of it Stuff can tow the broke down boat in cuz he's probably already fell in. Just throw him the bow line and yell MUSH!

Gander View likes this.
  6. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon Gents -
    Oh boy, do we ever have water! Anyone need any??? Me & Maggs met Andrew & Stuff' at ole ThorneSide Cabin this morning for a short conference on where we're going to hunt today. The consensus was that because the water rose at least 5 ft or more, the 7' anchor lines would not work on the Willow Hole blind or the Hilton
    Blind and they would only work up close to the bank on the Hopper blind. So, the vote was The MollyAnn blind which has been to go to blind all year to kill anything, if there was anything to kill that is..

Anyways, Maggs at to go to the bank at 7:45 for a pee-pee break(as she is female and its time....) We hadn't seen but 4 or 5 ducks all morning so it wasn't like we were going to miss anything, besides Maggs was beginning to whine a little.. We get to the bank and we do our business then we decided we might as well go check on the Willow Hole Blind to see what the high water did to it. Its floating the spud poles now so hunting it would have been out of the question anyway. There is a big bend that goes behind the blind around the corner and there must have been 100 geese raising all kinds of cane right behind it. I went around the corner and about 100 or so came out mad. They all went towards the MollyAnn blind heading north. There just happened to be 5 or 6 that were tree top high right over the fellas so they splashed two of them. The Stuffer' was in high cotton! When me and Maggs got back to the blind, we had to play clean up. Seems one of them gooses laid his ole head down and snaked away and we never did find him. Anyway, me & Maggs got back in the blind after our 30 minute foray, and we duck hunted empty skies until 9:45. As we were discussing calling it a day, I happened to look up and 4 mallards were trying to set in the decoys. They picked up and swung around and did it perfect. All four hit the water. We lost a hen cause I had an empty gun when I went out to help Maggs and one was a swimmer. Ole well... A good morning even if it happened to be the last four mallards in Wilson county today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuff' says he's pretty dang sure that ole goose will weigh in at around 18 pounds as he was a whopper..

A great morning was had by all!

Me & Maggs............

Reelcranky likes this.
  7. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

Y'all do got some family size Geese roun there.

8. rtjrex & MollyAnn

hi B.B.-
    The Stuffer' was right. That goose weighed in a little less than 18 pounds. He was a whopper.
    Y'all have to understand that the Stuffer' has a passion for the gooses. Gets to shaking and everything when they start coming in. As me & Maggs were out in the boat, Stuff' had to sit and stare at that big boy that floated right up in front of him at 5 foot til me & Maggs got back.
    I picked him up and handed him to Stuff' and man did he give one of them Stuffer' Smiles!
    It sure made his day.

Me & Maggs.....

Gander View likes this.
  9. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Been a while since you posted Rex. Are you killin anything other than time?

stevena198301 likes this.
  10. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

Yeah. Everthin ok over there?