Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2018-2019 Plantation Bottoms'.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 2, 2018.

1. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

And the younger members won't know what Candid Camera is, either.

Clayton likes this.
  2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning All -
    Andrew says that all of that brush & crap we had raked up in the drive but always forgot to do something with, we don't have to worry about it now.. Its gone... but replaced with something else... A bunch of something else's..

Me, Maggs, & the Missus' went up to Ole ThorneSide Cabin this morning to take a looksee, and we did!

[​IMG]

I counted 4 boats floating around in the parking lot so's we aint got to hunt them down!

[​IMG]

And as you can see, ThorneSide Cabin is lake-front property!

[​IMG]

I couldn't get to where I needed to be to see the Hilton, Willow Hole, or the MollyAnn Blinds.. We even had to take the back way in because the water was about 3' over the road going in. Lets see, we normally lose about 1 1/2" in elevation of water daily when it starts going out, so at about 15 to 20' in the Bottoms', well, its going to take a week or two to get out. IF it don't rain again, say, until after the 4th of July... MAYBE..

Me & Maggs.................

Clayton and stevena198301 like this.
  3. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I was always amazed at how much debris and how far up in the woods it was when the water fell out. I guess you now have half of what Murley had.:dv

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Stevie -
    At least that much, or more... The beer cans from yesteryear have been replaced with others I reckon...
    Yep.. Its going to be several days of clean-up in the future for sure. And, a couple of big fires in the parking lot I guess.. It least we dont have to drive several hours to go clean up a mess left by high waters at the duck camp. So there is that.

Me & Maggs......

5. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning All -
    Its finished!! for the most part anyways.... The Missus' newest old cabin is finished! Sore muscles and strained knees are beginning to go back in place and tools are picked up! My buddy and his crew sure helped us out when we needed it! The Missus' just couldn't be any more pleased. The size is 12 x 14 with a loft inside plus the little porch out front. Its also well over a 100 yrs old that we can track back. We moved it in tack except for the roof and we had to put that back on. We did use the orig. roof trusses which was nice.

[​IMG]

We got our own little settlement going on now. This one is called the "Kitchen Cabin" for the other cabin that used to be her Mother's grandmothers family's old home place.

[​IMG]

Im thinking 3(plus Ole ThorneSide Cabin) ought to be plenty now, but I aint sayin' never more. The metal came off our old barn that we took off a bunch of years ago. It just had a few holes in it that I'll seal today.

[​IMG]

We had no idea this would happen, collecting old log cabins that is. It just came into being.. We sure do love to look at them and sit amoungst' the history they could tell.

Me & Maggs......

stevena198301 and riverrat47 like this.
  6. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

Rex- VERY NICE!!! You should be good for a couple of weeks of crappie fishing :l Kenny

stevena198301 likes this.
  7. GUNNERX2

I see those two worthless Mexicums just standing around and not helping out with the manual labor. I know they don't eat much but dang, you oughta get some work outta them.

8. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

Wit all the new housing roun there they oughtta be raisin families.

stevena198301 likes this.
  9. GUNNERX2

I guess Rexall could pick up a few extra bucks rentin' out dem new additions, maybe under Section 8. Then, you gotta figger that might cause more headaches than it's worth. But, he ain't got them TVA dollars comin' in since he done run off the TVA folks. I guess it's a toss up. 1st world problems.

10. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning All -
    The un-foreseen part of all of this is the nosey neighbor-hood homeowner association folks in the swanky subdivision across the road from us. They have all kinds of questions about what we are doing. None of them realized that we are zoned "AGRICULTURAL". I have told them of plans of a "feeder pig operation" to cattle, to sheep, and anything else I can think of that could stink... I also mentioned a half-way home for degenerates'.
    I told them I was waiting on the govt. grants to come through.
    I did have one neighbor asked about Jose' & Marice~ and about them being moved from one side of the lot to the other. I told them they were hired as Security during construction. They said, Oh... we see now.. Wealthy folks aint always that bright it seems. Anyway, my Missus' says I ought not tell them stories like that. But, it is fun to watch their reactions..
    The water at the Bottoms' is dang near exactly where it was this time last year and we did alright so, other than a bunch drift wood everywhere, we ought to be ok other than a few work days cleaning up.

Me & Maggs........

riverrat47 likes this.