2018-2019 Waterfowl Reports

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by nebgoosehunter, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

You gentlemen in NE do a much better job at reporting real time waterfowl movement up north of us as fellow KS hunters on this forum are all closed lip right now...I appreciate the current info & hope that the weather moderates & keeps good numbers of birds up in your areas...Thank you...Be safe...NC

Huskermut, nebgoosehunter and ajj16 like this.
  2. frankman

frankman Senior Refuge Member

You guys in ks should have plenty of birds by the looks of today

3. benadams

benadams Refuge Member

Was able to get my first greenhead of the season this morning. Saw a decent trickle, more snows than anything. Fun being in the snow

nebgoosehunter likes this.
  4. Jon-Barta

Jon-Barta Senior Refuge Member

Neck Collar, if you are not out today, you are going to miss one heck of a day. Everyone but me ( is feels that way) is out and there is a CONSTANT stream of birds heading S.

Neck Collar likes this.
  5. Sandhills_fwlr

Sandhills_fwlr Refuge Member

Yeah grand passage is what Id say...after seeing and hearing what I saw and heard all day yesterday and this morning and I was only deer hunting in the hills and timber!

6. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Lots of fowl moving this morning

7. SBEII

SBEII Senior Refuge Member

Not to one up you Brent but.....I work tomorrow from 6am to 6pm and then return to work in 2019. 200 hours vacation and comp time accrued throughout the year. Will be out in your neck of the woods at least once.

spaightlabs and brentbullets like this.
  8. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

Yep, I was out in those Friday snows squalls-high winds & the waves of waterfowl were definitely on the move headed SE down the Missouri River...The ducks didn't have much to do with my small spread though, but it was still great watching the passage!...Thanks...NC

9. Danny Hernandez

Danny Hernandez New Member

This past Friday provided a day of a nice migration of geese of all kinds, a lot of Canada geese became very tired midday:). Ducks put on a little show as well, but did not see any large groups of migrators.

Yesterday proved to be another 11-5 trickle of both ducks and geese, which provided us with a nice mixed bag of birds.

I would imagine the first day the Platte becomes slush free we should see an influx of ducks back from the South.

goosehunter140 likes this.
  10. ajj16

ajj16 Senior Refuge Member

Friday's movement was pretty awesome, was able to get out after noon solo and get some tired groups to give it up. Hardly had to call. 75% of the lake I was on was iced up, which helped. Had a pair of old gray brow canadas maple leaf from way up to finish out the goose limit.
    Switched spots on Saturday to hunt w/ a buddy and didn't do as well, was in a field, ended w/ 3 mallards and 2 wigeon and 3 canadas. Sunday I had to leave early and didn't get to pull the trigger, watched the roost we were hunting piling into a field 800 yds away. Didn't see near as much movement on Saturday w/ the south winds but it was still pretty cold.

Nov9.jpg

benadams, honkerkllr, don835 and 2 others like this.