2019-2012 Season Dates

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by jeffc, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Deck III

Deck III Senior Refuge Member

Specks back to the 88 days 2 birds, old Wink went down and gave Mcpherson some lip service.

2. LADucks

LADucks Senior Refuge Member

The original NOI for teal season was 6 birds and was changed to 4 as a modification later on correct? Which meant by them voting to go back to the original NOI for teal, it will go forward as 6 birds?

3. Deck III

Deck III Senior Refuge Member

I have not seen a final rule on teal. I know 4 was discussed but I do not think it was ever voted in. The Specks have been swapped back and forth.

4. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Feel like we've witnessed a round of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on first?" And since there seemed to be a federal deadline in late April, am disappointed that we've seen no final word on the mess.

5. JJVizinat

JJVizinat Refuge Member

6D1485E5-659D-4BE0-903F-4C50BDE64F06.png 0CD76D5F-89D2-4716-81B5-3E8619E0918E.png

Emails exchanged w Larry Reynolds the other day. I get why it didn’t go through, but very disappointing to me that all our neighboring states found a way to put the special veteran/ youth hunts in effect this year. Especially considering Arkansas and Mississippi’s dates are during their split and into February. I’d trade in my whole GI Bill to be able to hunt here in February.

6. LADucks

LADucks Senior Refuge Member

Has anyone officially confirmed the teal regulations? I've looked over the various NOI's multiple times. The best I can tell the original NOI was for 6, changed to 4, then the original of 6 was eventually confirmed for Sep 14-29. That's my take on it but I'm not a member of the commission...

7. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

Guess what sports fans... the state administrative code has provisions that allow state agencies to make emergency rules to get around the normal regulatory rules. After all, the whole process of establishing season dates is by regulations not laws. The louisiana department of agriculture and the Louisiana department oof health issue temporary rule changes all the time. If the “Louisiana waterfall program manager” (doesn’t that sound like a real waste of taxpayer money) had been on his toes we would have had the extra days. Apparently the Waterfowl program managers in Arkansas and Mississippi are smarter than our own Larry, they are using the extra days.

JJVizinat likes this.