Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2019 - 2020 Plantation Bottoms'...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Afternoon all -
    Here we go again! Another year and more stuff(again, Not Stuff'...) to do at the Bottoms'. And, just like last year - WATER!! WATER EVERYWHERE. This year, its a little higher than last year.
    This was this past Saturday, 3.2.19.
    [​IMG]

This is what it looked like last year on 3.2.18.

[​IMG]

About 1' higher this year but who's counting.. We got a bunch of clean-up to do and brush pile burning. Andrew says we need to find our gravel and pull it back up on the drive.

At least we got something to do and fuss about. We always seem to find a bunch to fuss about nowadays. Kinda fun cause' we cant do it at home or we get fussed at for fussing..
    Everyone has a Boss I reckon. We need to take the trolling motor and a battery over to go out and check on the blinds to see what is where. Again, at least we got something to do.
    We might even fuss at TWRA & TVA for no reason at all, just to be doing!

Me & Maggs.....

2. Big Gun

Big Gun Senior Refuge Member

I think it is a sign of the times. Not as bad as our place in WTN, were on the big river, the entire farm is under 12’ feet of water. Tied our floaters up on the last day, water was 5’.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Did you lose the two decoys that adorned the gate and the PB sign?

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Steven - No sir... They are still squeezed in there between the gate and the sign, but barely.... That sign kinda needs replacing for the last several years because the rot got to it... Maybe that will get done also, maybe, kinda..

Hi Big'un - Im sure we are sitting with 12' to 15' under ours also. Im hoping to get over there maybe Sunday after the rain to see whats missing. About all ours can do is hang up in the top of a tree if it gets loose. That aint fun either..

My Bud down Miss way has big problems for sure also. Their whole 1,300 acres is flooded including their buildings which was on the high ground. The Corps folks are telling them that the river is going to 98 something which aint good. It will get in their living qtrs.. What a mess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuff' told them that they got the room, they just need a small barge in the building and put the racks on that. Quit worrying about it. They also need to open up the big doors and let the fish in. On the other hand, they didnt see any snakes or critters on the sun porch.. I reckon thats something.

Me & Maggs.....

riverrat47 and stevena198301 like this.
  5. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I reckon Omar & I ain't go nothing to complain about. I went by LR last week and the blind is where it ought to be. Matter of fact, the water wasn't as high as I thought it would be. I've seen about 2' of water over the road in the past and last week it was about 3' lower than that. Still gotta clean out the blind and button things up for the summer.
    Buddy of ours from over to Reelfoot sent me a photo of his neighbors blind that had water up to the roof. Said he saw several free floating and didn't know there they belonged. His was in good shape and still on the spuds.
    Another 2-3" coming again this weekend, oh boy.

6. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

KY Lake at Johnsonville reached its’ second highest level a few days ago beating the 2010 level. Only 2011 was higher by nearly three feet. The top six fllods have been in the past ten years.

7. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon all -
    Me, Maggs, & Andrew headed over to the Bottoms' to see what kind of damages we got from high water..
    We good, thank goodness for the most part..

[​IMG]

One of the ropes broke on the MollyAnn Blind(which we figured it would) and the other was stretched tight. We re-tied with new ropes with some slack in them as its sitting in 15' of water right now. Everything was pretty much where it was supposed to be.

The best surprise was the big ole Hopper Blind. The floor of that blind is about 6 to 7' off the ground.
    This is the top of the brush on the roof which is about 2' high.

[​IMG]

Everything else seems o.k., just a mess of drift. Its always something...

Me & Maggs........

Clayton likes this.
  8. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

Dang if that ain't some high water on the hopper blind man. Might have to hunt her like a sinkbox.
    You got a current in there or it still water?

9. rtjrex & MollyAnn

hi B.B. -
    Andrew says we got one heck of a Camo job on it now! can't even see it!
    No sir, no current at all ceptin' close to the sink holes and it's going down. It's all still water.

We gettin another 2" tonight and tomorrow. Kinda wet over here...

Me &'Maggs.....

10. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Looks like we are finally getting a break from the rain. How is the water looking there this weekend Rex?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019