Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2019 - 2020 Plantation Bottoms'...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning all -
    Mid July and hot is here. Our Bottoms' are still wet, at least they were last week anyways. The sunflowers finally decided to take off but klinda stunted unless that was the seeds that the co-op decided to sell this year. Im surprised that anything made with no rain and then LOTS of rain.
    Any way, its sunflowers growing and doing something. Those little stealing Yellow finches will have something to dig around in.

IMG_3960.JPG

At least they are something to watch grow. The deer have been watching them also but aint quite figured out how to get to them. This year, I tied all of the strands of wire together in between the posts so they cant separate them and walk through. My buds in Miss have really teased me about fighting the deer over the sunflowers until they lost 10 acres to the nasty critters! I reckon we'll see what another month brings..

Me & Maggs............

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Rex, you done been missin' the boat on makin' a little left pocket money. After keepin' Huey for a couple of weeks and sweepin' up what he was sheddin', I figure all that pile of hair could be used to flock Canada goose dummies. You could sack it up and sell it by the pound since folks is all about makin' their goose dummies irresistible to the wanderin' flocks of gooses. Heck, you might even try it on some of your own goose floats. I bet that kinda project would be something Stuff could get his teeth into. I see hats, patches and barrel stickers as an add on to bolster the bottom line.

3. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Stevie -
    You my friend could sure be on to something bout' that. There aint a day goes by that the Missus' aint fussin' bout' dog hair under or stuck to something. VERY DAY Im saying... Poor ole Maggs cant get a break. Me, I get up and leave the room when the broom comes out and she starts mumblin' something about dog hair. I did make the mistake a couple years back when I said something about a "small price to pay" to have Maggs in our life. I wont do that one again. Some things dont ever go away and that was one of those comments that I wish would.
    And, the heck of it is, this aint a bad time of the year for shedding.

Me & Maggs......

4. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

Rex- Sure has been HOT- even in the shade! Other than the sunflowers have you been able to plant anything else? Sounds like we could get some rain the next several days. Maybe see you at the drawing. Kenny-fireduck

5. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Kenny -
    Nope, we still full of water in the Bottoms'.. See you there..

Me & Maggs.....

6. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Ma Nature making sure you gots water for the teals. Been a frog strangler up here on the ridge for sure.