Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2019 - 2020 Plantation Bottoms'...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning Gents -
    Me & Maggs got a pass this weekend. My sister-in-law came in for a visit so we hung out just sittin, eatin, & boat ridin'.. Werent all that bad at all. now, H.G.O. time is done and time to get back at it. Andrew says we got to start the clean up at the Bottoms' so it dont get ahead of us this year.

Good ole springtime things awaiting us all!

Me & Maggs....

2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Afternoon all -
    The gooses at the Bottoms' said to tell everyone hi. Also, the gooses that decided to nest on top of the Sneaker Blind(which is almost right beside the carport in the water) said to get lost or prepare for a butt whuppin' asap.. We took that to mean get lost fast, which we did.

We now got all or most of the drift wood and crap cleaned up in the parking area and burned up. The boats have been put back in place and the floatation all rounded up and stacked. We busted it for about 3 hrs and called it a morning.

[​IMG]

We are finally beginning to loose the water at the normal rate of about a foot in elevation per week. Thank goodness.

[​IMG]

At its highest point, the water level was about 1' below the peak of the carport here. And that's about 8' high.

I reckon we'll come back next week and bring the boat and do a looksee at the blinds again and do some re-tying.

Me & Maggs........

3. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

Picked up two 6' pine limbs an tossed em outta the driveway this mornin.

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi B.B. -
    This spring cleaning & pickin up limbs is hard work aint it! You didn't get any of that pine tar on yourself when you moved them did you?
    When Maggs stations herself on the cabin porch up against the logs at the door side, one of those logs are bleeding and it gets all over her. The Missus' sure don't like that!

Me & Maggs......

5. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

Even climbed on the mower 1st time thist year an cut a couple strips fore she run outta 6 month old gas. Seemed like a good place to quit fo the day anyways.
    Yeah ol Oz gets in the pine sap regular. Smell better anyways. IMG_20190401_174406516.jpg

6. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning B.B. -
    That looks like a good place to park it to me also.. Im dang glad to see that you left those pines alone where Mom Nature put them after that "Blow" ya'll had several months ago. Just like nature wants them to be. My Missus' would have had a path walked around them tryin' to decide where would be the best place for me to put them.
    Ya'll fishin' yet??? Whats ole Razor doing since he hung up his spurs??? You aint mentioned him one bit.
    I reckon I got to put the trolling motor & its battery back on the pontoon for my grandson. Hes ready to catch a fish or two. Me too!

Me & Maggs.......

7. deac

deac Elite Refuge Member

Naw we ain't fished. It's either cold, rainin or blowin- all the above right now- ever day.
    Ocean temp is 48° - too cold yet.
    Razor ain't cut out fo retrirement. He done got 3 jobs. 3! Don't ask me cuz I don't get it neither.

8. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning All -
    The weather was wonderful yesterday in Middle Tn. for a good ole' fashion Wood-Bee hunt. Our newest old cabin has a bunch of the little stinkers hatching/crawling out to their new world and I been there to greet them with a racquet ball racquet.. a bad-mitten racquet is better but I wore out my last one and good-will aint had any for a while. Anyways, if you can get 4 or 5 of the little critters down, put them out as decoys and the others will come in for a looksee like new ducks to a spinning wing! My Missus' & I must have killed 50 something yesterday. Kinda fun if you aint ever done it! My Missus' was using a fly swatter and did pretty good but couldn't knock them as far when you hit them. Kinda like goose huntin' with a 410.

[​IMG]

Then, while nursing a drink on the cabin porch, I noticed a Tree Frog "watchin' out" on the rose bush. I kept tryin' to get him to open one eye and look at me, but no luck. He said, Go away boy, you bother me! Im busy!

[​IMG]

Sometimes, Im worst than a 5 yr old!

Me & Maggie........

Gander View and stevena198301 like this.
  9. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Critters must be wakin' up a little earlier on your patch of ground than on mine. I've seen a few meat bees but the carpenter bees ain't showed up yet. Last year I had a few that liked to live outta reach of the tennis racquet and I can tell ya wasp & hornet spray don't work on em. I might try to hone my shooting skills some this year and get the BB gun after em.
    That last blow that came through didn't drop as many limbs in the yard as I figgered but still got plenty to get up and put on the burn pile. We've been on a burn ban for a couple of weeks so I ain't been just real serious about stackin' em up. Looks like the weatherman is gonna make it blow again this weekend so I guess it'll just add to the mess I already got.
    BB, why in the heck you let ol Razor done get 3 jobs? I can see it now...fish get to bittin', you call up Razor what to set up a trip and he done say "Nope, can't go...gotta work". You gonna have to do sumpin to done get him fired.

10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I catch the carpenter bees with a long butterfly net and step on them. I've also made one of those bee traps, and it works well. It has a pint jar under it, and it's half full of them right now. An old buddy of mine uses .22 rat shot, and treats it like a duck hunt. He said he's gonna start offering a guided hunt in his yard one year. :l

riverrat47 likes this.