Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2019 - 2020 Plantation Bottoms'...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

26C6840E-D0D4-43F3-8197-6C6654592A4A.jpeg Your making better progress than we are around here. I had to make some modifications to my mower so I could get the yard mowed.

2. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

What, no blind? Throw up a little berm and put a blind near that tree and you're set.

3. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Afternoon All -
    The Missus' has had me going over the last week or so. Every Tuesday is "get the trash ready" Day as the collectors comes by on Wednesday mornings so the can has to be at the end of the drive early. don't know why early cause I aint ever seen them before noon but the Missus' early so early it is! Anyway, I watch like a Hawk on Tuesdays and ALWAYS check the can to see what was put in. And when she walks to the equipment shed, Im right behind her. THERE AINT NOTHIN' IN HERE THAT IS TRASH!!! Not last week, the week before that and not this week... This is MINE, please mam... Well, what about that ole 5 gallon bucket sitting over there. That's what I throw fish guts in. She says, you aint fished in 2 years! But, when I do, there sits the bucket on "Ready" when I need it. Why do they do that??

I finally beat that ole groundhog that was digging under my barn & office... Its underpinned with old metal roofing and rocks stacked in from of that. Ya'll, a groundhog can move some big rocks!
    I heard him out there banging around the metal and rocks and I slipped out around the building and caught him red-handed! BLAM!! I rolled him down the rocks next to the creek. WHEW! What a good feeling! Maggs don't really like to mess whit them cause they got big teeth, but she did drag him up to me - finally. Those things can do some real damage to the ground and a foundation of a building. This one is done doing its damage from now on!

I was going to post a pix, but I aint figured it out yet on this new system on the refuge thang...

Me & Maggs..........

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

You get another one, bait a live trap with cantaloupe.

5. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Good idea. Im leery about putting bait in the traps because of skunks! I did smear a touch of peanut butter in the back of the cage and pushed it right up to their entrance. 3 days later, a dang ole possum' ended up in it and gave Maggs a real good cussin'.

Me & Maggs.....

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Had one behind our house several years ago and tried all the stuff I'd used for coins, but nothing worked. Finally read about cantaloupe and had him caught that day.

7. rtjrex & MollyAnn

IMG_3764.JPG I'll sure keep that in mind!
    IMG_3759.JPG

Hey! I think I got this drag and drop figured out! No more "Imageevent"
    for me. Course, I think they must have went out of business or got a virus.

Me & Maggs.........

stevena198301 likes this.
  8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

It’s easy-peasy, once you get the hang of it.

9. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Those groundhogs sure can be pesky rascals. Back in the 70s, I was pretty bad on 'em and had a bunch of farms I could shoot 'cause the farmers sure didn't want 'em around. They could eat up a bunch of pasture and all of those holes played havoc with farm implements. One fine October afternoon, I got up in a shady fence row and had a 50 acre field out front of either alfalfa or timmothy, I disremember. I ended up killing 11 and a red fox that came out of the woods to investigate a dead or wounded hog about 400 yards away. I missed a bunch too. Sure did get a good work out picking up the dead and haulin' them back to the car. My ex-wife's grandmother said I should take 'em over to Veenie's house. Veenie was an old black lady that helped her grandmother with household chores. I rolled up in her yard and musta been a dozen kids of all ages come pilling out of the house. Veenie was helping her son raise his kids. She took all the groundhogs but left the fox. Apparently, she stayed up all night cleaning the hogs and canning them for winter meat. Don't know if it was from all that activity at her age or just her time but she had a stroke the next day and was left pretty much helpless for the rest of her years.

10. rtjrex & MollyAnn

I was kinda getting stressed out over that dang groundhog myself! I had been after him for about 6 weeks.

I went over to the Bottoms' this morning to fix the drive again and check on the water level. She's going down good now. If it does like last year and it looks the same as last year, we ought to be puttin' something in come July 1st or so.

IMG_3775.JPG IMG_3780.JPG

Me & Maggs.............