A Bad Idea Wrapped In A Good One

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by hartfish, Feb 13, 2018.

1. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

But when Michelle Obama championed healthy food in school you ridiculed her. Be consistent Ronny.

2. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Hobby, that would be fair if you only read a part of it. There are people who don't have the means to prepare food or receive the box of food. Homeless, disabled physically or mentally. That was my point but you are just so eager to try a gotcha but as usual you fell on your face. The system is full of pitfalls but one thing is clear a bit of out of the box thinking and application on deliver of services from the Gov is refreshing vs simply tossing more money at the issue.

Now run along !!!

3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

They use them a ton at meat markets. They will load up on steak and seafood. I’ve seen it quite a bit while waiting in line. I’m glad that I can pay their delicious meal.

4. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Is someone gonna resurrect the steak and lobster on an ebt card story?

5. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

The system as I had mentioned is already in place with USDA all that would have to be done would to be expand it to service EBT card holders. I don't think mailing/shipping food to people is a very economical idea, setting up distribution points or warehouses to service them may work better.
    Personally I think this like every other government program we have can and will be abused no matter how it is done, jus the way things are today.

6. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

The grocery store lobby will make sure this never happens.

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  7. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Fact is, Liberals & anti Trumpers looking for something negative will spew their usual comments. Why don't they just say it is a Trump/Republican plan & there is no way it will work. Just to bad these relatively intelligent individuals cannot use their influence to improve on an idea rather than standing up & crying "The Sky is Gonna Fall"

I'm sure they are getting their cash ready.

8. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

I don't care whose idea it is. It is stupid idea and destined to go nowhere. The welfare system is corrupt, but sending boxes of government-chosen food to recipients is just dumb.

9. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

So continuing a program so full of abuse is a better plan>>> That is dumb hartfish and is the path you support. Finding a fix that reduces the cheating is a positive step forward. Food distribution from USDA stores and stocks has been very successful in providing food to people who would not have access to it otherwise. Cost of moving that to centers for dispersal is about the same as sending it out from current warehouse locations. Continued use of the EBT cards and the ease of converting them to cash for non food items like booze and drugs is rampant!

10. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

The military is full of waste and abuse but you have no problem throwing more money at them without asking for any reforms.