A-frame or layouts?

Discussion in 'North Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Jethro48, Mar 25, 2019.

1. PorkChop

PorkChop Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I agree with this 100% especially when you are in a bare field. If smaller was better then you could just stand out there with a Gilly suit on.

2. Jethro48

Jethro48 Refuge Member

I appreciate everyone's Input on this! Hoping this trip goes alot better than my last one up there! And all these other guys first trips a good one!

PorkChop likes this.
  3. Jethro48

Jethro48 Refuge Member

Decided to take a stab at making my own A-frame. It's just a hair taller than an Avian wider and longer! Made it just tall enough to be able to get out of the weather and keep gear easily and room for dog if it's steady and will stay. It's 9 ft long 6 ft at widest point on bottom. Not sure of exact height more than 48 inches. Front has a flip out door. 20190611_171030.jpg 20190611_194503.jpg 20190611_171030.jpg 20190611_194503.jpg

Ratboy, Neighbor Guy and PorkChop like this.
  4. Neighbor Guy

Neighbor Guy Senior Refuge Member

That looks nice! My concern is how will you move it?

Most of the ones we use now, in the right situations, are 6’. They hunt two people comfortable, we will use two side by side for a 4-gun hunt. But can easily be moved in a pickup. At 9’ a guy would need a trailer to haul it.

5. Jethro48

Jethro48 Refuge Member

It all comes apart and slides together. I welded gussets for everything to slide in and out of . All will come apart and go back together pretty simply.

Attached Files: