Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Alarm won't shut off.

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by David Mc Cormick, Feb 10, 2019.

1. David Mc Cormick

David Mc Cormick New Member

Thanks. What did you do to fix it?

2. Coastal ducker

Coastal ducker New Member

If i recall correctly the sensor is in the oil reservoir. I’m not sure if I had to replace the whole reservoir unit, or if it was just the sensor. I recall it didn’t take more than a half hour or so to fix (I’m not a mechanic). Look at the placement of the sensor and you’ll be able to tell if you can get it out. I don’t have the boat anymore or I would look for you. Sorry my memory isn’t that good!

3. David Mc Cormick

Thank you for your help. I'll check it today.

4. David Mc Cormick

Thanks for everyone's input regarding my problem. Turned out to be a faulty oil sensor.

5. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

Good to know for us new to oil injected motor owners.

6. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

When that happens to me I just cut the wire. If the motor doesn’t self destruct in about 10 minutes I know it was a faulty sensor :yes

stevena198301 likes this.
  7. David Mc Cormick

Just heat shrieked the connectors saw a fix on u tube. Regime magnet back onto float.

California Flyway likes this.
  8. David Mc Cormick

Thankfully I have resolved the problem. Removed the oil tank. Removed retaining clip that holds the float onto the shaft. Turned the tank upside down and the float and (separated) magnetized washer fell out. Cleaned the washer and float with a degreaser and applied an adhesive glue that is compatible with oil and gas (picked it up at an automotive parts store). Replaced float with magnetic washer attached and replaced retaining clip. Filled tank, turned ignition key on and no more alarm. Thete is a u tube video out on this fix. Good luck to those who have this problem.

Phytoplankton and creedsduckman like this.