Another Truck Question

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by mdnduck, Jun 26, 2017.

1. mdnduck

mdnduck Senior Refuge Member

Having a hard time(cannot) finding a 2500 Chevy LTZ, Gas(tow twice a year), Long Bed, 4 x 4, crew cab. I am now thinking of going to look at a Ford F-250 Lariat, in pass I have had issues with Ford transmissions and that's why I was not looking at them. Anyway wondering what you guy think of the new Ford trucks/transmission.

Thanks in advance

MDNDUCK

2. Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton Elite Refuge Member

You looking new or used?

3. mdnduck

4. J-Duck

J-Duck Elite Refuge Member

crew cabs with long beds are getting harder to find....

5. mdnduck

Very hard to find, can find as a striped down work truck but not on the higher end packages

6. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Couldn't turn that rig around in a 40 acre field.:l

7. Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs Elite Refuge Member

Tell us again why you are buying a truck that big and going with a gas engine ?. Why not go with a 4 door long bed in a 1/2 ton. You said you don't tow much.

1/2 pickup you can't go wrong with a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. Stepping up to a 2500 and diesel then Dodge would be the best in my opinion. The Cummins is just a better motor. All three heavy duty diesel trucks have the Allision Trans in it. Dodge and Chevy get them from Allision and Ford makes their own licensed Allision.

Toyota and Nissan build a great 1/2 pickup with a ton of power. They are both trouble free units.

8. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Don't know how long of a bed you want but I just bought a new 6'4" bed 1/2 ton crew cab Dodge. Nice truck and especially like the HEMI. This is after driving 6 straight Silverado company trucks in a row. They were good, but the bed is short at 5' and change.

9. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Yep , you got that right ! The shorter short bed won't allow you to drag a fifth wheel OR sleep in comfort (if need be ) !
    If you're not dragging something ( trailer that's over 6,000 lbs ) the 5.3 motor has plenty of power and you don't need higher gears than 3.73's !
    but it's your choice to have what you want , good luck as they're all expensive !

10. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Sliding hitch and just watch the cab of your truck in super tight backing situations.:yes