Any new mounts out there???

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by cholt, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Hau9358

Hau9358 Refuge Member

Here is a couple recents ones

Attached Files:

marshmob, WestKyHunt and Doofighter like this.
  2. leatherman

leatherman New Member

Don't be fooled by WATERFOWL WONDERS out of Scurry TX, owner and taxidermist Danny Allen!
    This man (and I use the word lightly) is a thief plain and simple. He stole three trophy birds ( King 'eiders and Harlequin ) from me, under the guise of mounting them. No word, no answers to emails, texts, or phone calls in 3 years. Don't let him rip you off too.

3. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

WOW, think I would get the wardens to go with you and pay a visit and get your stuff back.

Birdcrazy likes this.
  4. Brad's Birds

Brad's Birds Elite Refuge Member

This type scenario is (unfortunately) posted and/or explained to taxidermists way too often. Usually the name of the shop is left out which is absolutely no help to others.....at least this time the name is mentioned. It is baffling to me (If indeed it is true) why rarely, anything is done through the legal process. Guys just seem to announce what happened and then walk away. Theft is theft and after a certain amount of value it can be a felony. It's no different than taking your car to the shop and when you call about it it's "gone"..... A duck is no different, especially if someone spends $6,000 to go harvest it. If these type shops don't ever have to suffer legal action, they will just continue to operate this way.

Brottboss and cholt like this.
  5. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

I guarantee that if it happened to me I would be contacting the DNR and see what they could do for me, or at least law enforcement to figure out what steps need to be taken to fix the problem. It might cost a little more money out of your pocket but it will cost him his reputation and hopefully cost him his business.

6. leatherman

leatherman New Member

Trust me, I’ve done all of the above. I drove from MN to TX and stopped at his given address only to find he’d moved. I contacted Texas Department of Wildlife and made a complaint, I had a Private Investigator looking into it, and I contacted a USFW Special Agent and he tried. I didn’t just walk away. I spent a lot of money on these hunts to legally harvest these birds. There are stories behind every trophy some that can be told by the mount others that are lost because the mount is missing. My grandkids won’t ever know those stories.

7. leatherman

leatherman New Member

4E9D9E4D-51CB-481C-871C-8AE34E455F34.jpeg
    F

8. leatherman

leatherman New Member

The above picture is Danny Allen

9. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

He looks like he would cheat a man.