Anybody Still Look at This Site?

Discussion in 'New England Flyway Forum' started by duck stopper, Mar 11, 2018.

1. duck stopper

duck stopper Elite Refuge Member

Hopefully someone will go on a snow goose hunt this spring so they can give a report or post a picture.

2. bill finn

bill finn Senior Refuge Member

If I can find a job I want to go next year. Had the chance this year but no job=no hunt

3. Dogman

Dogman Moderator Moderator

I check in here but the traffic has reduced considerably.This year was a blow out for me.My wife had surgery for potential cancer(results were benign!),helped my daughter replace the furnace in her house after hers died and spent a lot of time working to pay for things related to both situations.I had purchased a bunch of goose dekes from Blackducks but never got time to use them this year.Ever since FB and other social media sites took off websites like the refuge have suffered.Too bad,I miss the activity we had before that.

4. Rob Gag

Rob Gag New Member

I am going to North Dakota on the 23rd to hunt snow geese. I'll try to post some pictures when I get back

5. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Check in just about every day

6. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

i keep thinking about booking, but I hate the idea of a 10 man free for all when the shot is called......just not into that crap.... nobody knows who shot what... most guys just raise the gun and pull the trigger over and over until the gun stops firing from the looks on the videos!

7. duck stopper

One of the WMDH guys had his date moved from 2/13 to 4/2. Not sure if there weren't any birds or what.

Bob, we need you to do a test run and see how good/bad it really is.

8. huntinjunkie

huntinjunkie Senior Refuge Member

I'm with Bob on this one. The thought of paying money to compete with the guy next to you on what birds to shoot. No thanks. I cringe when I see these hunting clubs in the timber trying to sell spots in 14 man blinds. Can you imagine going to Arkansas for the the hunt of a lifetime and then not being able to shoot a bird without a half dozen other guys banging away?!

9. bill finn

bill finn Senior Refuge Member

Seeing lots of flight birds returning from the south - everything here is still locked up except rivers. Thinking spring might show up eventually

10. duck stopper

Just to keep this thread going: This weekend we serviced some of the 50+ duck houses in the Berkshires. Two houses which are back to back on a 4 x 4 post had been knocked off the post and were face down in the water. One of the boxes contained a recently deceased drake and hen Woodie. There were no apparent signs of predation so I guess they were trapped and drown when the house fell in the water.