Attaching a Wind Blocker to Boat Blind Frame??

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by mudder, Jul 12, 2018.

1. mudder

mudder Senior Refuge Member

Putting my new boat blind together and plan on installing 600 Denier wind blocker. How are you all attaching the wind blocker to your blind frame? Poking holes at the top and wire tying to the top and belly bar rail????

And then how are you attaching the netting where your grass attaches to after you have the wind blocker, more holes in wind blocker in order to attach the netting????

I have tried googling this but not coming up with anything. Installing grommets seems involve alot of time and effort for an 18' boat.

Thanks

2. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

I have an Avery wind blocker and netting. Avery sewed velcro tabs on the top to wrap around the frame and it’s done really well over multiple seasons.

mudder likes this.
  3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Thats some nice fancy material. We use blue tarp style material in brown or camo on the inside of the blind with black wire ties to the frame and throughout attaching it to the camo material and natural grass . To get fancy, hit the inside with walmart 97 cent flat black spray paint, cause one of the guys who is Mr. Anal felt the brown material might glare, like the wet leaves and grass all around, and flare the birds....on the inside of a dark hole....with full pop up roof on it. It was worth the 97 cents to shut him up. :doh:doh:doh

mudder likes this.
  4. Kendall Steffensen

Kendall Steffensen Senior Refuge Member

mudder likes this.
  5. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

I initially attached my cordura to the top frame with heavy duty double back tape and then reinforced with zip ties. The same zip ties were also used to attach my Rancho Safari camo material. The bottom edge was left unattached and weighted with apiece of water hose filled with sand. This allows for easy entry /exit from the side of the boat. It also allows for a better rollup for travel.
    Mine set up is going on its 4th season and still looking good.
    A suggestion: don't let your blind material hang all the way to the water. You will save yourself a lot of time drying out you Blind.

Steve

mudder likes this.
  6. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

I used 1000D Cordura. I used an ice pick to open holes in it then zip tied it to my conduit. I then used zip ties for the camo nets as well.

mudder likes this.
  7. mudder

Thanks Kendall, Great information. I have a wood engraving tool with those pointed attachments I thought would work as well to poke the holes and singe up any frays.

8. mudder

Thanks Ranger, Yes I used 1" PVC on the bottom of my last blind to add weight at the bottom. Thanks for the tips.

9. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum