AUTUMN IN NEW ENGLAND ~ A photograph.

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Irishwhistler, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Irishwhistler

Irishwhistler Senior Refuge Member

Fy5h8wHXRkyhWHD%ofIC5Q_thumb_460e_Fotor.jpg
    MAC'S FIRST PHEASANT

Seven month old Labrador Retriever LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC making his first retrieve of a big rooster pheasant today during training exercises. MAC was sent on line to hunt for pheasant he marked on the fall that requiring the pup to use his marking skills and his nose.

Mac has a nice soft carry of the bird and made a classic presentation to his handler / owner to complete the retrieve.

Cheers,
    THE DOG WHISTLER

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. Irishwhistler

tUtEd69nRaKbCAgcYc2EVw_thumb_4615_Fotor.jpg
    THE PRESENTATION

Seven month old gun dog trainee LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC, call name "MAC" waits patiently at sit and hold of a large rooster pheasant. MAC has learned through HOLD and FORCE FETCH conditioning to carry the bird with a soft mouth and without excessive and dysfunctional mouthing. MAC has also learned to present the bird softly and immediately to hand in classic style upon issue of the command "GIVE".

MAC has a long way to go in becoming a competent gun dog but is working diligently on the fundamental skill sets so important to reaching that objective.

Cheers,
    THE DOG WHISTLER

3. Irishwhistler

5K128AL+QpqhE2uFKti1CA_thumb_4604_Fotor-1.jpg
    ROOSTER !

A chant o' the Autumn uplands that will be heard by wing shooters from coast to coast. I captured that special moment here whilst out gunning with me good Mate Billy yesterday morn.

Faugh a Ballagh,
    Mikey

4. Irishwhistler

1rLsBA+NQA69hCmCC4saXA_thumb_4608_Fotor-1.jpg
    ALLIE MAE ~ UPLAND RETRIEVER

ALLIE MAE a beautiful 17 month old yellow British Labrador Retriever female that was sired by me gun dog HRCH UH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH and is out o' BIRCH BRANCH MAGGIE is hunting her first season in the uplands. Trained by yours truly, ALLIE MAE is seen here making a classic presentation of a nice rooster pheasant to her owner / handler Bill.

ALLIE MAE is marking nicely in the field, pounding cover, is bird driven, is steadying to wing, shot, and fall, and she is doing both single and double marked retrieves on both land and water.

ALLIE MAE and Bill should have a grand bird hunting season together this year.

Cheers,
    THE DOG WHISTLER

5. Irishwhistler

s7dh1imHRM+WxA4+lyFbwA_thumb_dbb_Fotor-1.jpg
    Aye Mates,
    As I walked upon a Long Island beach my eyes were captivated by a mosaic of beautiful stone under my feet, all rounded by eons of oceanic wave action and deposited by the receding glaciers as the terminal moraine that forms the island.

Geologically yours,
    Mike

6. Irishwhistler

B2qsEJUbTcCMlmEj7R3TDw_thumb_467d_Fotor-1.jpg
    MONARCH ON THE MORN

Aye Mates,
    Caught this Monarch taking a well deserved rest as the long migration onward to Mexico lays ahead. The colors and soft texture are a visual delight and seemingly pop out of the complimentary greens in the background.
    Cheers,
    Mike

7. Irishwhistler

K9DY10BMRZeOXsNZQTkOfg_thumb_464c_Fotor-1.jpg
    ON FALLOW GROUNDS

Allowed to go fallow, our fields bring forth their own wondrous flora whilst replenishing their nutrients.
    Mike

8. Irishwhistler

Aye Mates,
    I did a quick walk up hunt for puddle ducks this morning and ended up shooting one woody. T'was a misty start to the day and I had one hen jump off the water to give me a nice crossing shot from me right to me left. The swing o' me Extrema II was smooth and spot on as I dumped the wee hen on the calm morning waters. Me gun dog TRAD was in no position to see the mark the birds fall as I had put him at a remote stay so I could sneak up closer to the pond. All said, TRAD would need to be handled on the blind retrieve through typical wood duck habitat, a tough swim for any dog.

+Fyxlrf7SVexNOhYQx5EJQ_thumb_468e-1.jpeg
    TRAD returning from a lengthy blind retrieve of a wood duck dropped during a walk up hunt this morning.

Owfa7WFFQrK7ScAwacZBnQ_thumb_4697.jpeg
    TRAD holding this wood duck upon returning from a long, arduous swim through water Lilly and stump choked waters. TRAD is a highly competent gun dog and was easily directed to the downed bird whilst using three handed casting. TRAD presented the bird to me in classic style upon me issue o' the command "GIVE". I gave the bird back to TRAD and had hm walk with me at heel whilst carrying the duck back to me vehicle.

So we had me younger pup MAC along with us but he had remained in his crate in the SUV as he cannot yet at just 7 months old be depended on to be the sneaky bugger that TRAD is on a walk up hunt. I put TRAD up in his crate and had MAC follow me down to the water's edge so that we could do some single retrieves with the freshly killed woody.

Yun%FK+wQEynWg6knIma3g_thumb_46ef-1.jpeg

LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC - call name MAC exhibiting the outstanding intensity that this seven month old has flowing through his veins anytime birds are involved. I had thrown the Woody on the water and MAC remained steady, though quivering as he gazed at the bird as if transfixed. I walked back to him after adequate delay was imposed and released him by name to make retrieve of the bird. In a flash a loud splash was heard and MAC was on his way to the bird like a laser guided torpedo.

beJ0NOiZQnKRw49+MiOv+w_thumb_46db.jpeg

MAC on his way back to me, the Woody picked up with precision and held firmly but without any dysfunctional mouthing during carriage. MAC is already displaying many of the fine traits I am so fond of in his sire TRAD, grand bird drive, super nose work, strong marking ability, and dependably steady.

9. Irishwhistler

HIVAIYq3RfaCb4LwQWvaTg_thumb_46e0.jpeg
    MAC comes to heel and sits patiently whilst holding the Woody as he waits for me to issue the "GIVE" command then gently delivers the bird in to me hand in classic style, just like his sire TRAD has done for me countless times.

MAC has a long way to go in his development as a gun dog and hunt test K9 athlete, but he is developing the necessary skill sets early on.

Some might say shooting a single duck on such a hunt is far from a stellar day o' gunning. I say that a hunt like this with so very many grand lessons passed on is something wondrous to behold. Me sire TRAD and his pup MAC were both outstanding today, and it just doesn't get any better than that.

Faugh A Ballagh,
    THE DOG WHISTLER

KwickLabs and stevena198301 like this.
  10. Irishwhistler

zunhW7oCT3itocJ9f76dGg_thumb_4606_Fotor-1.jpg
    FACE FULL O' PHEZ ~ First season gun dog ALLIE MAE is seen rocketing out of bird cover upon hearing the recall whistle o' her owner Bill. ALLIE MAE promptly returned to Bill and made a classic presentation to hand upon Bill's issue o' the command "ALLIE - GIVE".

Aye Mates,
    I captured this image o' ALLIE MAE, a 17 month old yellow British Labrador Retriever sired by HRCH UH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD SH and out of dam BIRCH BRANCH MAGGIE. This breeding produced some really fine gun dog prospects including four yellow and three black pups. This is ALLIE MAE'S debut season on birds after training extensively with yours truly and she is already distinguishing herself afield as a fine gun dog.

Cheers,
    THE DOG WHISTLER