Barren beach duck blind

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by duckduckg00se, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Stealyourface

Stealyourface Refuge Member

We have a drawing like this, as well. The difference is that we have to use floating blinds. If you don’t want other people hinting your blind when you aren’t there, put a lock on it. Mostly we never cared if people we know hunted our blinds, when we weren’t there. Some folks do, though.

duckduckg00se likes this.
  2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

We hunt big water lakes and rivers where the water drops up to 11' between winter and summer pool. It is a hundred yards or more between the water line and the tree line. We use layouts right next to the water. Like Bill Cooksey said, mudding them up with the local ooze is essential. I'm not sure whether you get snow but we pray for it. Once there is snow on the ground we put snow covers on our layouts and the advantage swings way toward us. Dig the blinds in if you can. We can't once the ground is frozen. If any local weeds are found in the water and on the shore once the water level drops, adorn your layout blind with them and maybe throw a driftwood branch close by.

duckduckg00se likes this.
  3. wanapasaki

wanapasaki Senior Refuge Member

you don't need a blind. Put up about 2 dozen sillosocks per hunter. I hunt mud shorelines and even weary birds fall for it

4. Sault Ste. Marie

Sault Ste. Marie Elite Refuge Member

Yep; tired birds are always easier to decoy.:nutz

wanapasaki and longduck like this.
  5. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Tired AND hungry birds are suckers. Last Sunday afternoon, my son & I were working on our floater on a small (12 acre) lake and just as we started working a 5 pack of gadwall came in and sat down 40 yards from the blind. For 2 1/2 hours, they moved maybe 10 feet total all the while we were beating and banging on the blind, moving around with the boat and carry on. They never looked up from their feeding frenzy. I 'spect they were migrators and were plum wore out and hungry.

6. baltz526

baltz526 Senior Refuge Member

102217.jpg

7. wanapasaki

wanapasaki Senior Refuge Member

WARY* ;)

8. Sault Ste. Marie

Sault Ste. Marie Elite Refuge Member

:joker