Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Beavertail blind brackets

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by RTIC, Dec 6, 2018.

1. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

I found these two photos of the front and rear support bracket mods for the BT boat blind. I believe someone on here modified them. My question is what material (steel, aluminum) was used for the post to mount to the seat pedestal? Ive did a search but still havent found what im looking for. I thought i commented on it actually but still cant find it.
    Ive got some downtime and figured I could remount my blind.

Thanks for the help.

blindframe1.jpg blindframe.jpg

2. lucky_man

lucky_man Senior Refuge Member

Not sure what mine is, but you do best welding like material to like material. Use a magnet and you can tell if its steel or not. If doesn't stick, then grab a screwdriver and try to scratch it. If it gouges easily, then aluminum, if not, its stainless.

3. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

I did some more looking and the pics i posted appear to be homemade brackets. I bought a set from BT for $21 free shipping. Those are steel and the seat pedestals are aluminum. I may have to make my own pedestal mounts and have them powder coated to keep them from rusting.