Benelli Diamond Camo Hunter @ Dicks is a Franchi.

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by zr800o1le, Sep 14, 2007.

1. zr800o1le

zr800o1le Refuge Member

It is a Franchi. But under the Franchi Websight the Only Inertia Driven Camo Auto Loader I could Find is the Franchi Inertia Predator Camo.
    Here is the Link I found. http://www.franchi.com/viewdoc.asp?CO_ID=53

Does anyone know Anything about this, Is this the Same Gun???
    Any Info would be Appreciated. I am also waiting for the Franchi Rep to get Back with me.
    Thanks. ZR

2. Duckwise

Duckwise Elite Refuge Member

Get on the Franchi USA sight that is a I-12.

3. zr800o1le

zr800o1le Refuge Member

Yep He's Right. I just Spoke to Benilli USA and that is a Special Franchi I-12 Made Exclusively for Dicks Sporting Goods with a Few Changes to meet Dicks SPecs. The Gun Carrys a 3 Year Limited Warranty.
    Thanks. ZR

4. UNCC Grad

UNCC Grad Elite Refuge Member

The one I saw in the flyer shot 3 1/2", so it can't be an I-12. I have the 912 and it has the same lines, bolt, high-rib, trigger guard and stock as the 912. I haven't personally held one or torn one down and looked, but it sure looks like a 912 to me.

5. BuckeyeDuck

BuckeyeDuck Elite Refuge Member

I've got that same flyer and was wondering about it too...Says your choice for $799.98, but under the gun it says $899.99 is there some sort of rebate involed?...is this a good price?, and, is it a gas or inertial operated gun???

6. Duckwise

Duckwise Elite Refuge Member

I was referring to the gun labeled the "Predator" on the italian website. That is definately an I-12. The I-12 looks nothing like the 912. (I have a 912).
    If the gun shoots 3.5" and has the semi humpback that is a 912.
    You can buy 912 or I-12 for between $600-$700 though.

7. skunkedalot

skunkedalot Refuge Member

if it says inertia driven it is not a 912...the 912 is a gas operated auto...to me, being a I-12 owner....it looks like a 3.5" I-12...the 912 was discontinued last year or the year before by Franchi

8. zr800o1le

zr800o1le Refuge Member

I know it Shoots 3 1/2", Remeber I said that the Benelli Rep said it was "Specially" Designed for Dicks Sporting Goods Only.
    The Only Difference I see in the "Predator" and the "Diamond" is the Warranty, The Predator Offers a 7 Year Limited and the Diamond only offers a 3 Year Limited according to Benelli Arms. ZR