Benelli M2 stock question

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by motero99, Apr 12, 2019.

1. motero99

motero99 Refuge Member

I am looking at a Benelli M2. I have seen a nice used one at a dealer and also Fleet Farm has a new one at a decent price. My question is regarding the stock. How can you tell if it has a comfort stock? Would that be the chevrons that I have seen on an SBE and other higher grade Benelli's? Is the comfort stock a user added feature? On the Benelli website, they show a comfort recoil pad and cheek pad, and the shotgun pictures show a stock with the chevrons. The FF gun does not have the chevrons and I cannot remember the stock on the used gun. Thank you

2. pointblind

pointblind Elite Refuge Member

M2 ComforTech--

11127-BE.jpg

M2 American (Non-ConforTech)---

11134-BE.JPG

3. motero99

motero99 Refuge Member

Pointblind - Thank you very much. When I look on the Benelli website, the prices seem to reflect the comfort stock. Those M2s that do not mention the comfort stock are more expensive that those that do, so I assume all current models have the comfort stock. Do you have any idea what comfort stock cost when it was an option? In other words, the price difference between a model with it and one without it.

4. Banded1

Banded1 Elite Refuge Member

5. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

The M2 American is the version without the Comfort-Tech stock and should cost a couple hundred less then the regular M2 with Comfort-Tech option. That said, since the M2 is only a 3" gun anyways, I personally wouldn't waste the money on buying the Comfort-Tech version. If you have recoil sensitivity you should be looking at a gas gun instead IMO. FWIW, if I were in the market for another Benelli, I would look real hard at that Montefeltro from Dunns. Not the exact same as the M2/SBE2/SBE3, but very close. And at a darn good price too its almost too good to pass up.

6. Lmbkiller

Lmbkiller Senior Refuge Member

Buy a “comparable” gun to benelli for less money and u will get what u paid for. Prime example is a franchi. I could kill more birds throwing rocks at them than shooting a franchi

7. Lmbkiller

Lmbkiller Senior Refuge Member

Get the m2 and don’t look back. I’m 20yrs on my m1, bout 10000 rounds thru it, great gun, have replaced some parts that wore and back to like new. 3.5in is way overrated. Get an aftermarket choke and u will kill **** just the same

1duckmaster and callinfowl like this.
  8. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Senior Refuge Member

If I had to use my engineering degree I would have to say rubber chevrons in the stock do nothing to reduce recoil but are more of a look cool marketing thing used to raise the price.

pointblind likes this.
  9. motero99

motero99 Refuge Member

Thank you all for the comments. The M2 at Fleet Farm must be the American. I will have to go back to the dealer to look at the used M2. I prefer gas automatics due to the lower recoil (my Remington 1100 has been rock solid for over 40 years and comfortable to shoot). I had been looking to get a Browning Maxus, but when I picked up the used M2, the fit was good and it just pointed well. I have credit with the dealer for a DU gun I did not take. I still like the Maxus, but even with the credit, it is more than I want to spend. I still can't get out of my head that the M2 felt so good. If it has the comfort stock, then it might be a decent deal. If it does not, then they are asking nearly as much for a used M2 American as a new one costs. I guess another visit to the dealer will sort things out.

10. msuhunter

msuhunter Senior Refuge Member

To bad I'm not in market for new shotgun, that Montefeltro looks like a great deal.