Beretta A400 Xtreme PLUS

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by ElkNuts, Sep 14, 2018.

1. ElkNuts

ElkNuts Senior Refuge Member

If you haven't shot one yet, I suggest you do. Sweetest shooting gun I've owned yet. I also have an SBE2, A5 SX4, and 930 Mossy. Also 3 of the older Auto 5's Citori's and pump guns 870's etc.

They may all never leave the gun safe again after picking up the new Beretta.

2. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

So You have shot one or just handled one...….and what other than a higher rib differentiates it from a standard A400 Extreme?

3. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

Forcing cone length, charging handle, release botton/bar, extended chokes.

ronaldo likes this.
  4. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk New Member

Always liked Berettas fit and feel, but I can’t get past the safety being on the wrong end of the trigger guard.

wingmatt likes this.
  5. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

Weird, That is one of the features that is a selling point to me. The safety on the rear of the trigger guard is awkward.

creedsduckman likes this.
  6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

The guns I shoot have 3 different safety positions. Never had a problem.

ronaldo likes this.
  7. BigSkyDuk

BigSkyDuk New Member

It’s all personal preference, of course. My stubby fingers make rear trigger guard safeties my preference, plus it’s what I learned with early in life. I’ve shot my dad’s Winchester pump with the forward safety and it just didn’t feel as fluid.

8. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

I agree, always liked the forward safety. Berettas have always felt good in my hands. I've gone back to shooting my old beat up 391 lately over my SBEII. If I could justify the money I'd look at either a A350 or one of the A400, I just don't get to hunt enough anymore. I've got a sweet 391 20ga that is probably my favorite shotgun that I own.

Billy Bob likes this.
  9. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I've always liked the 3" Berettas because of the balanced and lively feel. They just feel better to me than any 3.5" gun for some reason. My 3901 fits me so well that I just look at the bird and shoot without any thought. It's been my go to gun for years now and caused me to sell others. If you can't justify $1000+ you could look at the A300. :l I've been browsing for a Beretta 20 auto but not real seriously as I'm looking for a 16 a little more but if the right gun and deal pops up I won't pass.

10. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Nah, I've heard good things about the 300 but that's kind of a lateral move from my 391 that I love. I don't shoot a great deal of 3 1/2" shells but I do have a small stockpile that I'd like to be able to shoot if I want to.