Best breathable waders

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by tcc, Jul 20, 2017.

1. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

So what's the best value in breathable waders these days? It's been a long time since I've nought waders but it's anout that time and I think I wanna try the breathables. I've always been a Lacrosse guy for neoprenes, are their breathables as good?
    How about stocking foots? Seem like they'd be nice when walking long distances.
    What's the braintrust say?

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Long ago, back in NV, a buddy thought the same thing. Till we were standing and walking in gumbo, at about 30 degrees. I sat in the truck, having slipped off my regular waders, and watched him cut through the mud with his knife and slit his shoe laces. Yea, my waders were caked in mud also, but they slip off.
    Now, I like stocking foots for fishing. Lighter, tighter, better choice.

My Dri-Plus are going on year 4 this year. My back-up is a 10 year old pair that the lining wore out, but still water tight. There are complaints on EVERY single brand. Roll the dice.

OneShotBandit and Buttesmacker like this.
  3. dukhnter8

dukhnter8 Senior Refuge Member

For cold weather stocking foot are not great unless you get them big enough to fit larger socks. Also what Native said they are a pain when they get real muddy and don't even try when frozen.

I have Cabelas Warriors (just started using them when they discontinued the, figures) but they work great and are light for walking I wish I had gotten one half size smaller as the boots are a bit big.

WoodieSC likes this.
  4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

5. dukhnter8

dukhnter8 Senior Refuge Member

I have something like those but my feet are usually too warm so I use some thicker all wool socks to make up some rooms, Thanks.

6. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

I really like the ll bean waders. I can get them in tall sizes. The Cabelas breathables rip out in the crotch due to the short inseam.

Green Duck Truck likes this.
  7. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I gotta say the prices are getting stupid on these things; does anyone actually buy $800 Simms?

8. Buttesmacker

Buttesmacker Senior Refuge Member

My stocking foot barely last one season. Started leaking at the toe and is a pain in the rear to change in and out of. Better for fishing, but not walking in the marsh and rice.

9. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I know what you will say but my banded breathables are awesome. I was a big Cabelas fan but I was only getting 2-3 years from them. Yeah they were replaced under warranty but it got annoying.

cast&blast and bill cooksey like this.
  10. bluebill77

bluebill77 Senior Refuge Member

I really like the breathables. I have the Cabela's Dri-Plus and they're holding up well and I use them most of the year here in WI. They are thinner material...have to be careful around ice, but they are very lightweight and comfortable. I stay plenty warm using wader liners under them.

bb77