Best breathable waders

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by tcc, Jul 20, 2017.

1. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Since it's not that cold in SoCal, I've used breathable stocking foot for years. Biggest problem is finding breathable stocking foot waders in a camo pattern.

2. kahunna

kahunna Elite Refuge Member

Don't sleep on the Mack's Prairie Wings breathables.

3. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Banded gear!

4. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

I love my Cabela's Dry-Plus Breathable Hunting Zipper Waders. I've had them for about 5 years, and they have held up well. And the zipper is GREAT.

DTHUR likes this.
  5. Bullet21XD

Bullet21XD Elite Refuge Member

No kidding!

Does anyone even make them anymore? I really want a new pair, my Hodgemans are.trashed.

6. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Bought a pair of breathables from wing supply. Didn't list brand in add just a picture. When they arrived turns out they were Mack's version. Leaked like a sieve as did the pair I bought for my pops. Returned them and actually got a new pair of the same ones that didn't leak. However where the wader meets the boot is super thick and does not flex. If you walk more than 20 yards your shins are rubbed raw...they are that bad. Nothing against Wing Supply as I have bought a ton of stuff at great prices with great service. Just watch out for those Mack's close out or overstock .. whatever they are. For 100 bucks I should have known better. Thinking about trying the Rocky Brand just wish I could see them in person first.

7. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

This thread should read .Best breathable under 400.

tcc likes this.
  8. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

As long as they're some drab earthy color I don't really care about them being camo. They're generally either under the water or hidden behind brush or something, no need for camo imo. Besides, most patterns look like a solid blob from over about 20-30yrds anyway!

cast&blast likes this.
  9. bluebill77

bluebill77 Senior Refuge Member

Agree 100% !! I think that's about when they quit making them though.

bb77

DTHUR likes this.
  10. JoJer

JoJer Senior Refuge Member

I hunted in Cabela's GII's for several years. I've had more problems getting leaks in them from fishing than from duck hunting. I buy them large so I can layer under them and I find they are warmer because they don't trap moisture in side (as much as neos). When I went round and round with Cabela's over their warranty a few years ago, my financier agreed I could upgrade for the next pair: I'm shopping Orvis, because of their warranty and service, and Reddington because their Sonic pro is getting very good reviews, leak-wise.