Decoy Forum Sponsors

best full body mallards?

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by DawgU!, Aug 7, 2011.

1. DawgU!

DawgU! Senior Refuge Member

I think I've narrowed it down to Bigfoots or Blue Collars. Don't hear much talk about the Blue Collar mallards though. Don't mind spending the cash to get the best.

2. ksgoosekilr

ksgoosekilr Elite Refuge Member

I don't own any BC decoys but I would buy them over the BFs.

I have 2 dz. GHG sleepers/resters and actives and like them. Mine have held up just fine and have seen a lot of ducks fall.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of your choices but I vote BC.:tu

3. jkryspin

jkryspin Elite Refuge Member

I've seen the BigFoots in person and there is absolutely no way in the world I would purchase them. I have a mix on GHG FB and the newest Hardcore mallards. I have not seen a BCD in person, but if you're dead set on BCD or BF, I'd get the BCD.

4. Duck-Slayer

Duck-Slayer Elite Refuge Member

now you have too put best production decoys in front of that statement..... the best decoys is in the eye of the beholder which is for the most part you.... In my honest opinion you can't beat a Body Language Decoy, doesn't matter if its a full body foamer or a tanglefree artist series..... Don and Caleb have the best decoys, no comparisons really out there unless you compare with a few other very talented custom carvers on this forum.....:tu
    Matt

5. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

even though you've narrowed it down, I'll throw our hat in the ring. I've done painting and repaints on both of the ones you've mentioned. Ours are fully flocked and are painted custom. We flock and paint all the pro series decoys that I designed for Tanglefree and they are available on our website. Here is a group of darker early season mallards with several eclipsed drakes mixed in we did for a customer from North Dakota who hunts a lot of early season birds. We didn't even have them all on the ground before we had ducks in them. We also have hens, black ducks and mottled ducks available for the same price as the standard mallards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan to use the sleepers and resters on island sand bars this season.

[​IMG]

6. riversledder

riversledder Elite Refuge Member

I have the BC decoys and could not be more pleased with how they look and how durable they are.

7. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

I got 6 of Don's fully flocked resters/sleepers shown in the last picture. They are NICE and the flocking is tough. I will be using mine on logs in beaver ponds. The BC decoys are nice as well and I have a bunch of GHG fullbodies. At least with BL and BC you are supporting jobs in the US. Don't forget about UreaDuck which are also American made.

8. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Ure-a-duck is the king of motion decoys, you've got to take a look at his stuff too. They will be at the international waterfowl expo also.

Caleb will have a few of our custom foamer decoys at the show including this full body pintail feeder, as well as samples of all of our fully flocked line of floaters.

[​IMG]

9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Clayton,
    I won't get into the decoy end of this, but my American job and family depend on GHG. In fact, we have more Americans employed (by far) than the two you mentioned combined. "Buy American" is fine, but supporting your fellow Americans is more complex than that.

Actually I will say something about decoys. Isn't it amazing how many quality choices have come along in the last few years?

10. Blue Collar Decoys

Blue Collar Decoys Senior Refuge Member

The great thing these days is the selection we all have! In my opinion it only makes the sport we love that much better.

If you are looking for 100% American Made Products, only two of the companies above fit that criteria (Blue Collar and Ure-A-DucK). G&H also are made here in the USA. With our current national economy, we feel it is important to manufacture 100% of our decoys here at home. We also offer a 5 Year Warranty on our paint!

Now that said, the decoys which are made overseas are also very important to our sport. Not all can afford decoys made here at home. There was plenty of days where I couldn't!

We will be at the International Waterfowl Expo (Arkansas) and several other shows around the country, where you can see our new line of Full Body Pintails!

[​IMG]