Bested his dad, again.

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Sunklands, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

DA65155E-F41D-4236-A56E-36884234EDE7.png Been to wet to finish bean harvest and with bucks running scrapes readily, you don’t have to tell the boy what time it is. I found some good size rubs and hung the boys stand within 12 yards of them. Boy said buck came in fast and was leaving when he made a quartering away shot at about 15 yards. I was in a tree about a 150 yards away on the same run and seen the deer run by me with about 10” of arrow sticking out. Decided to back off for about 5-6 hours and go look. Boy was extremely depressed after we tracked for about awhile with nearly no blood and to be honest I was a little sceptical myself. I decided to go back sooner than I had suggested and look while he was taking a nap. Deer made it almost a quarter mile, with a gut and liver shot. Called his momma and told her to wake him up and bring him over to that farm. I think I got knuckles, high five and a hug all at once.

2. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

He told me, since he didn’t shoot a deer during youth firearms season, and that he’s already shot a nice one, he might just shoot a young one, that’s just right for the skillet. I looked at him and said “yeah right”.

widgeon and Pastor like this.