Big Easy

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Soggy Socks, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks Senior Refuge Member

My son goes to a deer camp every opening day and the old guys do a turkey in a Charbroil Big easy. He's not a turkey fan but said it was so good he goes back for seconds. So when Christmas came guess what I got! Put it together today and gonna try a turkey this Sunday afternoon. We will see how it comes out. Test run on a chicken tonight. Anyone use one?

2. Luigi Daniele

Luigi Daniele Elite Refuge Member

NorCal: watching the specks and sprig work
    *following*

3. Soggy Socks

Chicken was great nice and crispy. The nice thing about it is you put it in and forget it. It was 10 degrees out when i did it so it took a little longer than expected about an hour 45 minutes and two cocktails.

Luigi Daniele likes this.
  4. Soggy Socks

I did not get a picture of it(too busy making sure chicken wings didn't burn) but it came out good. Skin was crispy and turkey moist, it was a warn day high 30's and I should have left the mesh cover off until the end. It says you can cook a 16 lb bird so that what i did. I'll stick to 14 lbs or under for the next one. It was hard getting it out of the basket and it wasn't as pretty as it would have been if I had used a smaller bird. It was very tasty though. I had brined it and just used course salt and pepper for seasoning. I'll do it again maybe on ice fishing weekend.