Bloomington area folks...

Discussion in 'Indiana Flyway Forum' started by olepal, Apr 4, 2018.

1. olepal

olepal Elite Refuge Member

Anyone graduate from Bloomington High School (the original one) in the late 1960's?

2. JTerrell

JTerrell Senior Refuge Member

Right town--but wrong high school. I was in the last class of University High School (1972.)
    Maybe I can help?

3. olepal

olepal Elite Refuge Member

I attended the original Bloomington High School in the 8th grade. That would have been 63-64. I played on the 8th grade football team and we had a really good player named Mike (or Michael) Driver (sp?). I have always been curious as to his future in sports.

4. JTerrell

JTerrell Senior Refuge Member

That's a bit before my time, and the name does not ring a bell--sorry.
    Bloomington HS was a state dynasty in both wrestling (Kay Hutsell) and Football (Tom Sells) in that era. We played against QB Dobby Grossman in '71... they were ranked #2 in the State. My senior year we played them and they were ranked #1. They beat us on their field 42-7. I recovered a fumble in that final game... we played in the snow. IIRC they beat Martinsville 84-0 that year. The "Artesians" will forever hate the "Panthers."
    I was born here... and you certainly would NOT recognize Bloomington or IU today. The growth has been astounding.--Tim

olepal likes this.