Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Boat blind on a windshield boat ?

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by M R DUCKS, Feb 12, 2019.

1. M R DUCKS

M R DUCKS Refuge Member

Hey French - do you think he might have some pics? Mine is an 18' and very similar to the Wooldridge boats.

2. M R DUCKS

M R DUCKS Refuge Member

Windshield is welded to the boat. It might take only one guy with a plasma cutter, only a six pack, and two pee stops :joker

3. M R DUCKS

M R DUCKS Refuge Member

Oh yea .... :nutz :tu

4. M R DUCKS

M R DUCKS Refuge Member

So far, it's looking like I'll need to keep a conventional blind on the inside of the windshield, and cover the bow with some camo canvas or similar. That tall windshield has some down sides.
    I found a picture that pretty well shows what I'm dealing with, except mine isn't this pretty !
    :(

[​IMG]

Fowler267 likes this.
  5. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

Get some fairly thick bungee cord 1/2 or thicker. Run it from your windshield to your motor and hang camo nets off it. Make it about eyeball tall when you are sitting. Just stand or even remain seated and shoot.

Have the bungee about 1.5 - 2 feet apart. Drape camo over the windshield and other parts.

6. dukhawk

dukhawk Senior Refuge Member

been there, done that shot the windshield out. canvas covered windshield, canvas floater, anchored bow into the wind, two gunners seats facing astern. 15 geese came in from the bow, right at sunrise- low over water and i'd have sworn the shot was high enough to clear the daggone thing. It was 40+ years ago, btw.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Fowler267 likes this.
  7. M R DUCKS

M R DUCKS Refuge Member

Ouch - I'll have to watch out for that! :nutz