Breathable waders leaking through the fabric ... anything that I can do?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by DEC, Oct 12, 2017 at 1:34 PM.

1. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

What makes the Banded better than the Cabelas Dry Plus? Legit question as they are $80 more. Better fit, last longer, just better all around?

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I don't have the answer, but....
    I see a lot of complaints on the Cabelas. Not MY experience, but they are out there.
    As I recall (I did look at them a few wader threads back) they appear to have a couple extra features.
    I decided then I would buy Cabelas again, if needed, but I can see other guys going a different direction.

3. Hunter4lyfe702

Hunter4lyfe702 New Member

4. Rubberhead

Rubberhead Elite Refuge Member

Never fall in love with a pair of waders because waders are, basically, disposable.

mister gadwall likes this.
  5. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

Thanks all. I figured I should just junk them, and I know 5-6 years is good life out of waders, I've been through my share of waders over the years. Usually though it is a seam failure in neoprene waders that fails on me. That is why I was shocked to find this pair just all of the sudden to start seeping through the material all over the place.

I will be ordering a new pair.

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

I can't say anything about Cabela's waders because I've never owned a pair. I got a pair of Bandeds for my son 4 years ago, and I wore them one day after I'd dunked my waders. Most comfortable waders I've ever worn.

7. seiowa

seiowa Senior Refuge Member

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I do find it timely since I'm thinking about a pair of the Cabela's as well. How's the sizing/fit on the Cabela's waders? Seems like some years back the neoprenes I'd buy had an option for 'full' or 'stout' fit, good for me as I am 6'4'' 245 and require a large boot size (13-14) as well. Nice to layer legs and extra/thicker socks too. Hopefully the Cabela's have some room to move around in? Because without talking size they seem like one of my best options.

8. cousin eddie

cousin eddie Senior Refuge Member

My last three pairs of breatheables were Cabelas Dry-Plus, I was lucky to get 2 full years of dry use out of them. My last pair developed seepage like the OP was describing. Cabelas was getting stingy on their returns and quality seemed to be going downhill so I tried the Banded waders last year, they are much more comfortable than the Cabelas Dry-Plus, IMO. Feels like you are just wearing boots and bibs.

9. cholt

cholt Senior Refuge Member

Sell them to a dynasty junkie that daddy’s footing the bill and hopefully he will have the worst opener blowing his duck call and birds in the next county over and break him in right so he wont screw someone’s day up

10. tdh17

tdh17 Senior Refuge Member

Probably the most accurate thing I've ever read on this forum....