Browning B-80 Value?

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Swampseed, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Swampseed

Swampseed Refuge Member

Have a 12 gauge B-80 I am thinking about trading in or sell. Gun is in very good condition , anyone know what would be worth? Thanks

2. Delta G

Delta G Elite Refuge Member

My 2002 edition of Blue Book of Gun Values puts it at: $230/60%, $250 @ 70%; $295 @ 90%; $374 @ 98% and $450 @ 100% -- seeing how this book is about 3+ years behind, the values could be higher. Good luck.

3. 4got2duck

4got2duck Elite Refuge Member

It's nice to use the Blue Book as a reference for gun values... but remember a gun is only worth the price that someone is willing to pay for it. :cool:

4. JimG

JimG Elite Refuge Member

Well unless you have to, don't trade it in, sell it outright or you'll get killed on the trade in price.

check auctionarms.com, gunbroker.com, gunsamerica.com to get an idea on real life value. Note that some of the listings might be on the high side.

Depending on condition, $400-450 most likely

I almost laughed at a guy at my game club yesterday on the skeet field. I was messin around with my 20 ga BSS side by side and not hitting that well with it and a guy asks me if I want to sell it. I tell him to start counting out $100 bills until I tell him to stop. A little while later he comes to me and says "I just checked "the book" and it lists your gun at $600. I'll give you $600 for it". HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, right. Worth at least twice that, IMHO.

5. wildfowl4444

wildfowl4444 Elite Refuge Member

The guys who shoot these guns LOVE them. They are very dependable. I would guess the average price around here (if you can find one) is $400 in decent shape.

6. mottler

mottler Elite Refuge Member

What barrel does it have on it? Is it a 3" gun? Can you post a pic of it? For one to be worth $400. it would have to be in almost unfired condition.

7. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Elite Refuge Member

I got a B-80 for a college graduation gun. Later bought a Berreta barrel with screw-ins for it. I love it and I'll never sell it.

8. billdalton

billdalton Elite Refuge Member

Don't know the worth ... I have a 3" B-80 with inv. + choke tubes ... love it ... would lov eto find a 26" barrel for it
    Bill