Browning maxus stalker.....

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by negooseman, Sep 14, 2018.

1. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Looking for reviews on the Browning Maxus Stalker. Good/bad etc?

2. twodog

twodog New Member

Great, I love mine. Zero issues. Great patterns. Low recoil. Light weight. Easy to load...

3. MNBucksNDucks

MNBucksNDucks New Member

Although I havent owned a Maxus, a buddy of mine has one. No complaints from him other than the duratouch is peeling off after 3 hard hunting seasons. I would also recommend you look at an SX3 if you can still find one. I used to shoot one and was a great gun with pretty close ergonomics for usually $400 or so less.

Codyboy likes this.
  4. Codyboy

Codyboy New Member

I’ve also heard great things about the SX3 in 12 and 20 with great prices.

5. Wareaglebrowning

Wareaglebrowning Refuge Member

I’ve got one , soft shooting and for me easy to clean , mine is a 3” chamber, no FTF ever, and I got lucky with mine as far as factory chokes , pretty decent patterns, I’ve got several waterfowl guns but , this one usually comes out of the safe !

6. Chris Daniels

Chris Daniels Refuge Member

Love mine, the only complaint is you can't get a tube extension for it for snow goose hunting

7. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

You,ll probably find the tube threads on maxus same as Browning gold/ Win. SX2 or 3. Find someone with similar gun and check with their mag cap. If so mods to fore end of maxus may allow you to use extension from one of those other guns. Recently found out the SX3 & browning gold were same threads but fore end difference would require mods for extension to work.

8. Chris Daniels

Nope, due to the design of the quick attach forend and there being no mag cap there is no way to get a mag extension on a Maxus. However if I buy a 3D printer and Browning wants to give me the CAD drawing of the Maxus forend so I can get my engineer friend to design one for me it may be possible.

mudhen and ronaldo like this.
  9. Teal Tags

Teal Tags Senior Refuge Member

It would be cheaper to just buy a SX2/3 for snow goose conservation over that

10. Chris Daniels

Agreed, that would be my plan or borrow an SX3 from a friend I know quite a few with them. However that Beretta A400 is looking better and better every day and everyone needs a backup gun lol

Codyboy likes this.