Building Another Pit

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by don835, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Fsbirdhouse

Fsbirdhouse Senior Refuge Member

If there should be a need,
    The wife and son had a crafting business making Birdhouses (Hence the name).
    I always thought they should do Christmas birdhouse with snow on them, so they set me the task of finding a way to apply snow.
    Commercial snow spraying machines ran about $450 for the cheapest, but I discovered a way to apply snow for about $20., And it was better looking in the end.
    All you need is a bag of commercial tree flock, a ten flour sifter, a 'Mister' to wet area to flock. A big zip lock freezer bag bungeed to top of sifter as pictured.
    Snip off wood handle of sifter. Straighten rod from handle out and attach any drill.
    You can cover any surface very quickly. You can even flock a Christmas tree over a drop cloth in your living room as it does not tend to blow the snow anywhere. Excess falls straight down. View attachment 185630
    Word has it that a company out of LA, Calif has waterproof snow now.

2. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Waterproof snow sounds funny!!!:l:l:l

Wow, all of those blinds look awesome, I'd love to hunt out of one just once before I'm done hunting for good. Man, I sure miss L. Berggren. Lynn was always more than willing to help others out with any questions about his pit/blind or setup. I sure hope his son and his friends were able to keep the blind going.
    What an awesome place they have to hunt and hangout with the boys. I just hope they don't serve chili in that blind, that would be deadly.:flame:flame:flame:dv

smashdn likes this.
  3. Fsbirdhouse

IMG_1772 (1).JPG IMG_1773.JPG

4. Fsbirdhouse

I'd seen a couple of blinds that were similar back in the '60s in the California Rice fields, but this is as delux as can be.
    I have an eight gun mobile blind, but being mobile cannot possibly match this beauty for comfort, although each gunner has 3 ft of elbow room, and sits in director chairs, there are no built in kitchens.
    Believe I've posted pictures of mine elsewhere on this forum.

5. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Who's turn was it to vacuum?
    No....I'm not jealous.