Building myself a new ride... (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by NCSUDucker, Aug 9, 2017.

1. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

Some of the bingo hunt areas we have around here require pulling multiple dikes to get back to some spots. Alot of guys have chainsaw-winches mounted on their bows that frequent those areas.

2. icebreaker12

icebreaker12 Elite Refuge Member

WOW! This is awesome. Every time I see a thread like this I want to build a boat. I will get around to it eventually. Need one for running our rivers in the winter.

3. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Hat's off to your rig! There is no substitute for craftsmanship!

4. NCSUDucker

NCSUDucker Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Thank you very much!

She's almost done. Once the keel strips were on, I began coating the bottom and sides with a mixture of graphite/cabosil and epoxy. After each coat, I would sand to ID the low spots until it was all filled. A tedious process but turns out a nice product that is tough and slick. This was after a couple of coats.
    [​IMG]

All of the lower hull is sanded to 220 and a final coat of thickened graphite epoxy to fill a few small low spots.
    [​IMG]

After the final sand, it was time to lay down a little paint! Lower side is painted, will be flipping back upright this evening to finish her up!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally went back and gave the bottom a coat of Mother's Gold carnauba wax, between that and the sanded graphite, I should be good to go!
    [​IMG]

5. NCSUDucker

Well she's done minus putting the name on the side and the aluminum bracket and grab rail assembly I'm waiting on from the fabricator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used a cooler seat for the running seat. Worked out well, as it snaps on and provides easy enough access to the hatch below it.
    [​IMG]

Used stadium seats for the passenger seats.
    [​IMG]

Used a T nut on each side of the front of the bench seat to lock the stadium seats in. When not in use I can put a 3/8" bolt in the T nut to keep water from entering the compartment.
    [​IMG]

(cont.)

6. NCSUDucker

Love the Max It Out LED stern light, virtually indestructible! GPS mount on the side of the coaming.
    [​IMG]

Put the fire extinguisher in on the side of spotlight box. I installed two D rings on the coaming. This one has a quick connect short lead dog leash attached to the D ring to keep the pooch in one location if need be.
    [​IMG]

Capacity plate on!
    [​IMG]

Painted the upper half of the control panel, didn't like how it looked as all black bed liner.
    [​IMG]

Finally the best part of it all...it and the scull fit in the garage along with the mandatory item...my wife's car!
    [​IMG]

callinfowl likes this.
  7. NCSUDucker

Love the Max It Out LED stern light, virtually indestructible! GPS mount on the side of the coaming.
    [​IMG]

Put the fire extinguisher in on the side of spotlight box. I installed two D rings on the coaming. This one has a quick connect short lead dog leash attached to the D ring to keep the pooch in one location if need be.
    [​IMG]

Capacity plate on!
    [​IMG]

Painted the upper half of the control panel, didn't like how it looked as all black bed liner.
    [​IMG]

Finally the best part of it all...it and the scull fit in the garage along with the mandatory item...my wife's car!
    [​IMG]

8. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Just fantastic craftsmanship - thanks for sharing the journey and the results.

9. Silver Wings

Silver Wings Elite Refuge Member

10. bustsducks

bustsducks Elite Refuge Member

Ducker
    I like your style. Great job!