Cabela’s uninsulated breathable waders???

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by duck killer415, Oct 12, 2018.

1. duck killer415

duck killer415 Refuge Member

Originally the “dry plus” wader.
    Been using them for years... they don’t really last but it’s the only wader that keeps me from sweating my cheeks off here in California.

Well I went online to order my annual pair and to my disbelief they’re nowhere to be found. Seams like they’ve discontinued them and there isn’t a new model replacement.

Anyone have the same problem?
    Any good alternatives?

I won’t use neoprene ever again.
    I’ll buy sims fly fishing waders if I can’t find anything else.

2. DBukiah

DBukiah Senior Refuge Member

I like Rogers brand breathables, the boots are really comfortable too.

A-Ron G and Docterduck like this.
  3. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

That stinks! I have used them for years also because I'm allergic to neoprene!

SNova80 likes this.
  4. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

They must be out because they were in the catalog I just received and saw them on their site a couple weeks ago.

Buddy of mine picked up a pair of Caddis from Kittles and they treated him well the first season. This year we will see how they do.

The Sitka's looks amazing and the reviews seem good, but I just don't see them lasting that long to justify paying that much money. If you can get three seasons out of a pair of waders, that's a good 110 hunts for us. If you have to replace them yearly then that could be an issue. The entire wader starts breaking down at that point; boots, suspenders, even the material starts to change. I can get three pairs of waders and get 8-9 years out of them that's almost 300 hunts. The material rubbing, stretching, flexing etc. is never going to last that long IMO. I may however eventually breakdown and try them.

These intrigue me and I think I'm going to try a pair. They sure look like Banded Gear?

https://www.gatorwaders.com/collect...-breathable-uninsulated-waders-realtree-max-5

And I would go back to canvas before I'll ever wear neoprene again.

5. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

I ordered a pair of tan cabelas breathables stpckingfoot. Camo waders don’t matter if you are hidden

6. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

7. Docterduck

Docterduck Elite Refuge Member

If your going to buy stoking foot waders Adams is the way to go.

8. Docterduck

Docterduck Elite Refuge Member

I’ll second that.

9. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Wood-Dro,

I’m sure you know I took the Sitka plunge. I don’t see it the same as you as far as not lasting that long. They seem very well built. Nothing is the same as it is on other waders. Suspenders should last and there are no buckles. Goretex is thick. I have a pair of Caddis that are Ok, but fit like a trash bag compared to the Sitka. I’ll hunt 40 days this season in a bunch of different areas. Ask me in 2022 how they held up. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Post script: I have no idea how I ever lived without a zipper. I wish Red Ball had one back in the 80’s.

Dan Mallia likes this.
  10. murdock255

murdock255 Senior Refuge Member

I have a pair of their Shield Series Waist Waders new this year for the rice. Cautiously optimistic, they seem very well built and have incorporated a lot of the "Sitka Features" like no buckle, strong waist belt, etc.