Cabela’s uninsulated breathable waders???

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by duck killer415, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Ughhh... Now I'm starting to have FOMO!

I have no problem paying for quality, but waders have always been in that consumable category for me. Maybe these will change that?

I had a pair of Hodgeman breathables with a zipper that lasted two seasons (cheap) but every pair of waders should have one, they are so nice.

2. lugnut

lugnut Elite Refuge Member

Has anyone tried Gator Waders last year? How did they hold up?

3. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

FE24D383-D20A-4901-A110-2358969DB154.jpeg What I like is that they rub nowhere. I wingtipped a goose and ended up walking all the way around the pond and along the river in some nasty stuff. Lots of berry bushes and thistles. Already put some miles on them and never once did I feel like I was wearing waders. More like bibs. If nothing else, the fit is way different than anything I’ve owned. If they last it will be some of the best $ I ever spent on gear.

Dan Mallia likes this.
  4. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

bought a pair... leakers first year they replaced them.. with me having to jump thru some hoops to get a response. 2nd pair leakers... they would not replace because the warranty ran out because of the first pair used under warranty...seems the warranty is only one year period..... lost me and anyone I know for a customer..

They do fit big and real baggy which I did not like

I guess I got to look at 900.00 waders...

5. No Ca Big Guy

No Ca Big Guy Senior Refuge Member

Bought the rodgers breathable waders really liked them, but a heads up the boots rum small, usually by a size 10 and have to wear two sets of socks, but the Rodger 10 was two small for my foot. Wear a 10.5 shoe normally. Priced right. Do not understand why having buckles are a bad thing I like buckles.

6. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

I also have been looking for waders and noticed that the old standbys were gone from Cabelas. Pretty amazing as I thought they were a good seller for them. For the price, I always got plenty of use for my money. Ben had mentioned the Orvis sonic seam waders that looked interesting, and while I thought $400 bucks was insane, Sitka's at $900 make them seem downright sensible. The local store ordered a pair in for me, should be in next week for me to take a look and try them on. October special includes a free Orvis tweed cap and two Royal Wolffs.

7. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Yeah haven't used the Caddis so not sure how durable? The Cabelas' are pretty good, but have had some cracked boots with them also. I think the Frogg Toggs are made from Paper Mache', durability does not belong in the same sentence. Sad that one might have to spend $1k to get a pair of durable waders when we have rubber waders from the 70's that still don't leak and we use those for work projects.

8. bxcall1

bxcall1 Senior Refuge Member

Oddly enough the r
    oddly enough the description for the rogers waders I was looking at suggests ordering a size SMALLER than you normally wear because they run big.

9. Letumwork

Letumwork Senior Refuge Member

Strange- Rogers says order a size smaller than you would normally wear. Last week Cabelas showed the breathable chest high waders on back order and now they don't show them at all? They do have the waist high breathable in size 14 if you happen to be running a pair of gunboats attached to your ankles. Guess I'll see if I can make through season 5 with the old patched up Cabelas.

10. Big Daddy Gaddy

Big Daddy Gaddy Elite Refuge Member

Roger’s Elite breathables just went on sale for $299.99