California to split into three states wins spot on November ballot.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Jun 13, 2018 at 3:30 AM.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

The southern area would be dominated by liberals (which I would barely fall into). The coastal area = liberal... The Northern area could be eaten by SF and the bay area.

Conservatives would be foolish to pass this from what I can see.

I saw another break-up that clearly divided the liberal from conservative areas, that I might have been on board with.

Geographically speaking, California is largely conservative, with gianormous concentrations of liberals in the larger urban areas.

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

How do you figure? The way I see it, conservatives are the only ones who could possibly benefit. That’s why this whole thing is being floated, is it not? To give conservatives their own state(s) where their views are better represented? In a state completely dominated by liberals, why are only 17% in favor if liberals have so much to gain?

Can anybody with computer skillz superimpose this proposed division over a 2016 CA county by county election map?

3. Squaller

The north would be the best chances for conservatives... Honestly, I have not done the math... But there are a lot of people (i.e. liberals) in the Bay area, and along that coast line.

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

The north includes SF Bay Area, and has like 8.75 mil of the 13.8 mil (wiki numbers so take them FWIW). South has San Diego and military bases. My assumption was those would stay stronger right leaning. Is that an incorrect assumption?

5. Squaller

L.A. has an awfully strong liberal base. SD is primarily liberal, and those military bases would likely not make a dent in the voting demographics (and I am not even sure how CA residency works on a military base?).

6. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Exactly. The way that map is split it was clear it was done by liberals. If they took the Coastal area, extended it up above SF then there might be a bit of balance. If they split the way it is now, the Central Coast and Northern Ca are both liberal. Sacramento and SF are going to vote leftist and they carry the rest of the NorCal state. The Central Coast is an ULTRA Liberal state, and the South is probably the closest to being a "purple" state. It looks like the Nor Cal state and the So Cal state are split at Merced County in the Central Valley?

YL03

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

That's how Texas is. Large towns all royal blue liberal small rural towns blood red conservative. With what we call the "Bluebonnet ranchers" moving into those rural conservative areas and giving those areas a blue tint.

I suspect Texas will flip blue in 2020 or 2024.

8. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

The first sign is a blue carbuncle on the butt then a malignant metastasis evolves. To survive one needs to lance the carbuncle before it erupts into a pus filled boil. Otherwise the disease pattern will progress. Look to CA and see for the future.

Bear likes this.
  9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Perhaps it's time to revisit and merge this thread to your Civil War thread? It's about as poignant as can be to the developments in California.

10. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

If there was ever evidence of dissatisfaction with the role of government in the lives of the people, the CA initiative is it. Folks need to realize that government overreach is essentially throwing gasoline on a fire. Even quoting statistics about levels of support/nonsupport is feeding a narrative. It is a time for patience. The fact of a vote being held is a message in itself. No matter the results of the CA Nov, 2018 vote, expect to have chapter 1 of a new beginning.