call for ringnecks/blackjacks

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Glades Ranger, Jun 9, 2018.

1. SCREENER

SCREENER Senior Refuge Member

all our diver shooting was done on the Great Lakes.Large bodies of water where a loud call would reach a long distance.divercalling is duck huntings best kept secret.The highball sounds like you stepped on your dogs leg or tail.The feeding call is a purring call in short or suductive purring.The video was shot in the 60's primitive to todays inventions

2. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

All this comes from a guy that can’t call Mallards so take it for what it’s worth...not much. :))[/QUOTE]

Ringecks will respond to a mallard call. Just don't over do it.

3. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

I love fishing but I'd rather hunt ringers, osceola turkeys, doves, snipe...

4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I've been repairing shot up ringer decoys and ordered the stuff for re rigging some singles and zip tied 3" longline clips to the keels of 2 dozen. Day dreaming of being on the marsh in the pic I posted being buzzed by lesser scaup and ringers for a couple days now.

5. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Billy Bob, I have presently 3' of water in the glades. They have pumped out lots of water the last two months because of heavy rain. Unless there is another deluge in September, that should drop a foot. It becomes more attractive for mottled and teal when shallower. The ringers don't seem to care much, and of course if there are bountiful food plants a real magnet situation. I imagine you have a variable tide in your riverine hunting? Waiting on the Buck Gardner diver call I ordered, even though teal season comes first. Very little practicing for that- have a whistle and a Woodie call for the first four days.