Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Canadian BEER

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by possumfoot, Jul 23, 2018.

1. possumfoot

possumfoot Elite Refuge Member

opinions please. looking for the canadian equivalent to amber bock. dark, but not hoppy. more caramel malt. or something like sam adams october fest.
    needs to be fairly common in liquor stores. gonna be a quick stop then hop on a float plane. will be in ontario.

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Rickard's Red isn't bad. You should be able to pick it up just about anywhere. You can go to the beer store .ca website to read about it. www.thebeerstore.ca/beer/rickards-red /

a little hoppy but the carmel malt balances it pretty well. I rarely drink beer but I wil have one of these with a steak off the BBQ. There are lots of other red or dark ales, but the availability may be a problem. The beer store (Ontario LCBO) has a list of what is available, and you can search them on rating websites to find some decent choices.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  3. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Growing up in Ohio, my Dad and I used to make annual fishing trips to Ontario. After I was 18 I used to travel up there by myself, often on a Motorcycle. I remember going into a bar in Toronto and drinking maybe three or four beers. I turned to step off the bar stool and nearly fell down. I learned first hand that Canadian beers at that time were way stronger than American I was used to,. Very good tasting too. This was long before the small custom brewing operations began in the US.

4. Slick

Slick Senior Refuge Member

Canadian beers are so much better than American. Better taste and a lot less carbonation. I love Labatts Lite and Canadian both of which I cannot get here in micro brew happy California.

5. morduks

morduks Elite Refuge Member

:doh:doh:doh

Flyfisher and Dek like this.
  6. possumfoot

eh. they taste to me very similar to bud/bud light to me.

7. possumfoot

gonna be on a small island in a large very remote lake for a while. being as it takes a plane to get there, taste testing beer is not gonna be much of an option. my taste has changed dramatically since i was last in canada so i laid out a range i would like to stay in.

8. HarryWilliams

HarryWilliams Elite Refuge Member