Cancel your recess, get it done

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by stump, Jul 19, 2017.

1. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/342732-trump-to-gop-senators-cancel-your-recess

Couple things on this....
    I like that he is trying to make them stay and finish, that is a breath of fresh air. Hold their feet to the fire and actually accomplish something.

Then in the same meeting he starts his passive / aggressive bullying,.. I am not thinking that will sway anybody, but probably put more of them on the defense.

Time will tell.....

Ron Gilmore likes this.
  2. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Not sure either, but they have been more about hurting Trump than working to better the country. Guess they learned nothing as to why Trump got elected. The lies from the RINOs and the left! The broken promises etc... So when eel talks about not draining the swamp. Removing vermin from the swamp before it is drained is prudent so they simply don't relocate.

Primary next spring will be a big removal of said vermin e.g. RINOs! Sad part is there are not a lot of RINOs that can be removed in the Senate!

3. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Trump wasn't elected a dictator. Passing bad legislation because Trump said so isn't hurting Trump. Trump is hurting Trump.

Be careful what you wish for. Removing RINOs may result in electing more Democrats. Or is that your idea of draining the swamp?

Ramblingman likes this.
  4. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Never said pass bad legislation, get the work done and pass proper legislation that does not mean the Rs have all the right answers or that the Dems don't have any good!

Demanding that Congress do its job is not being a dictator! If you think about that for a minute and check your hate for a second you would realize that.

As far as Dems getting elected, it may happen and it is not because of Trump. It will be the individual Sen or Rep who is simply going along with the Swamp and not delivering on the promises they made to the voters. It was one thing when they did not have control of the House and Senate to say we tried, but now they have no excuse. Stop trying to do this in some funding bill. Put it out and let the votes take place. However that means sitting down and crafting a bill that may include Dem input. Toxic Harry is gone, go back to what use to work and get over this divide.

Both my Sen a D and R had town hall meetings, and they where civil for the most part. The common theme was stop making health care a R or D issue because it affects all of us. Same on the debt and deficit. All it would take is a few to start doing what they do on so many other issues craft legislation that is of importance to all.

5. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Didn't Trump get elected because of "RINO's" and independents? You just assume it was because of conservatives.

6. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

I like this move by Trump, I think it shows leadership.

He should facilitate a meeting between both R's and D's to get something together worth voting on, IMO.

API likes this.
  7. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Trump got elected because he isn't Hillary. Too, considering there are more Dems than Reps (even though the margin is in decline), either enough Dems voted for Trump in the various states or the Dems stayed home and pretty much conceded the election to Trump. That makes the case that Dems tipped the election to Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_party_strength_in_U.S._states

8. buck_master_2001

Well yes, but my point is that Trump winning the election wasn't a green light for the conservatives to instill their BS. I keep seeing people hating on RINO's for not following the conservatives *** backwards agenda. Independents and moderates got Trump elected.

Ramblingman likes this.
  9. buck_master_2001

Yup. BOTH sides need to agree on this.

10. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Ahhhh... now its more clear. A conservative approach is BS. Got it.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.