Cheap Trail Cam

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by seiowa, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

They don't last more than a few seasons, but they do take decent pictures. No bells and whistles with them, i.e. slow shutter speed, limited flash, etc. I have had several and don't shy away from them when they are on sale.

2. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

If you buy the cheap WGI cameras, expect to get lots of deer leg and butt shots. The trigger speed is slow enough that the deer has walked past by the time the camera shoots.

Also, go ahead and consider them disposable. They don't last, and the company doesn't back them.

3. wvlippo

wvlippo Senior Refuge Member

This is pretty spot on. Keep them back a touch when you hang them so critters aren't so close to effect the slower trigger speed. These are ok, probably have 15 or so and buy 3-6 per year to replace them as they go out. Can usually pick up at the store or get free shipping and often they have spend $100 take $20 off which takes it down if you buy 3 at a time.
    https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...0mp-17wgiutrr10mprswrtch/17wgiutrr10mprswrtch

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

I saw one in the woods in IL this weekend. It was there when I went in, but when I came out, it was gone. I sure hope the person who took it was the one who put it out. But I kinda doubt it... :l

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  5. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

All the wild game cameras we used when I bought this place lasted at most 6-9 months. One just quit taking pics during the Kansas rut. Another would eat new lithium batteries in 5 days. A third wouldn't take pics at night. They initially kept replacing them. Finally got sick of it.