Coffin Blind?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by DBukiah, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

2. DBukiah

DBukiah Senior Refuge Member

I'm still looking! Those beaver tail Predator tubs are too heavy and pricey for my needs.

3. SutterduckHunter

SutterduckHunter Elite Refuge Member

You could've built four of them since the last time you asked. Its a fairly easy project and you could do it in less than two weekends. All for less than $100.

4. DBukiah

:l:l I actually kinda forgot:doh... I could build one but for refuge use I want the light plastic model..

5. CaGRNHD

CaGRNHD Senior Refuge Member

Well, I have just used the Mo-marsh AT Invisalay that can be used both as ground blind and water up to 16 inches. It worked great for me this year. It has backpack straps and I kayak or boat in in then ll then setup in shallow water with this unit as full layout. I can send pics of what we did last week in flooded shallow graub fields. It was nothing but epic. We are buying 2 more of them for my friends kids at XMAS. If you are big person, a litte cramped. My dogs was hidden in jet sled next to me with full camo/grass. We are going to try it in Delevan in grand central in area I know that is open and shallow birds uses but no one can get to them. It is not a boat, doesnt float so it can be used legally as it is a blind. Reed's Sproting goods had them on sale for $299.00 with free shipping. Enough said. i feel I can hunt anywhere with this thing! I hope it holds up is my only concern foldout legs/webbing as I hunt pretty hard

6. Coach_quack

Coach_quack Senior Refuge Member

If you are who I think you are CaGRNHD, I saw some pics of the set up last week, looked legit to me. And of course the results from sunday speak for themselves. Awesome group of guys you get out there. Again, if you are who I think you are lol

7. CaGRNHD

CaGRNHD Senior Refuge Member

Nice and thanks for the compliment. We trie at least and overcome/adapt but not bad IMO. We give it another go with 2 or 3 juniors only over Thanksgiving! Saturday they get the special hunt after 1:00 PM! flooded grain late PM where Juniors only can hunt but should be done before that or so I hope. If not is only because they cant typically shoot coming up off their backs as not easy. I seen that show last year with a junior hunting in layout.

Coach_quack likes this.
  8. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

9. DBukiah

Thanks guys. I looked at the Mo Marsh set up. Does it sink into the mud much? that would be the only issue that I see with it.

10. SutterduckHunter

SutterduckHunter Elite Refuge Member

Contact the guy who’s info I gave you. He has what you want.